Friday the 13th - Machette order

Iron MikeyJ

Today is Friday the 13th, if there are any fans out there, they may be wanting to have a marathon in honor of the day. Which like MANY beloved series, as the films went on, sometimes series continuity went with it. If you view the films in order of their release, after Jason goes to hell you will be left with a giant WTF, how did we get here. Perhaps some, or even most do not care enough to resolve this problem. I, in the other hand, as a long time fan, do not accept that. I have discovered a way to view all 11 films of the original series (remake doesn't count) and have them make sense (well as much as they can for Jason films lol. (on a side note I also have a Machette order for A Nightmare On Elm Street, and a super saga combining both series, because FvJ actually United both series. But that is another discussion all together). Yes this Machette order is inspired by the Star Wars Machette order, although I discovered this before I even knew of the SW order.

Here goes...

The first 9 films are to remain in release order

1. F13

2. Part 2

3. Part 3

4. The Final Chapter

5. A new beginning

6. Jason Lives

7. The new blood

8. Jason takes Manhattan

9. Jason goes to hell

10. Freddy vs Jason

11. Jason X

Obviously it doesn't seem like a major change, but in reality it is. If you view the films in release order, than Jason X comes before Freddy vs Jason. But remember Jason actually dies in Jason goes to hell, so how in the he'll is he back in Jason X. This change resolves this major plot hole. Freddy revives Jason in Freddy vs Jason (plus Freddy actually makes a cameo at the end of JGTH, so it makes sense having FvJ next. Plus Jason survives and comes out victorious in FvJ, so that makes it plausible that he is still alive, and is then captured at the beginning of Jason X.

Any Questions???

If anyone want to hear my Nightmare films Machette order or even my super saga order, let me know. Happy Friday the 13th everyone. ?

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

In Jason X you find out that Jason has this gene which makes his body regenerate so he can't be killed.

Freddy VS Jason was okay, but Kane Hodder wasn't Jason. I read he was too big to play opposite Robert Englund. so they needed a trimmer actor to play Jason.

So you see Jason can never die.

Also Michael Myers can't die either. Jamie Lee Curtis said it's in the contracts

After Jason got electrocuted in 6, he was invincible.

i hate jason x although some of the kills are awesome.

Agreed. It is THE worst of the original series. It is just a dumb concept, "let's make Jason go to space."

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the remake (although it is one of the better remakes), I wish they would have just made a sequel to that. It seems like they are trying to hard to reinvent the wheel. Just have Jason kill teens, it doesn't have to be rocket science.

i hate jason x although some of the kills are awesome.

Yeah, I remember when Jason put that first girl's face in that freeze stuff and then slammed in down on the counter and her face broke into a million pieces, the audience clapped. lol

Yeah, bring Jason back to the Lake and let him kill some more stupid teenagers who continue to go back to that lake. I mean I don't care what you change the name of the lake to, you know Jason is still living there and waiting to kill you.