Steely Dan

Tiffani

There is something for every music lover in their catalog. These guys are so prolific it's insane. It's hard to believe that a lot of people I know are only familiar with a few SD songs. Besides their hits Do It Again, Dirty Work, Ricky Don't Lose That Number and Reeling In The Years (which all are fantastic), a lot of folks I know have no clue just how amazing Steely Dan is. 

Donald Fagan and Walter Becker have more creativity in their 2 pinky fingers than most bands put together. 

Who else here agrees? 

• Like 1

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i hadn't heard Steely Dan in a long time and have to admit they are not a favorite of mine but i heard Dirty Work in American Hustle and thought wow this is pretty good. helps that the movie is one of my faves! :lol:

Check out the "Can't Buy A Thrill" album that song came from it is a classic.................

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh wow i forgot this song. yeah this is cool :)

Do me a favor, please! If you haven't heard these, give them a listen. Steely Dan is freakin badass to the bone..

I had to force myself to stop embedding videos because I could go on and on with Steely Dan lol..

37 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

MUSICIAN (1992) : When we go see Guns N' Roses now we're seeing three original members and three hired sidemen. You're one man away from a Steely Dan situation.

AXL: Slash and I are avid Steely Dan fans.

Hell yea! They know what's up...

Edited by Tiffani

Just now, Tiffani said:

Do me a favor, please! If you haven't heard these, give them a listen. Steely Dan is freakin badass to the bone..

I had to force myself to stop embedding videos because I could go on and on with Steely Dan lol..

i have heard most of these, i lived in a city that had like ONE rock station and that played mostly classic rock. as i said there are a few i do like now :) 

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have heard most of these, i lived in a city that had like ONE rock station and that played mostly classic rock. as i said there are a few i do like now :) 

I gotcha! When I was younger I wasn't into them much besides the hits because they're a little slow and jazzy. However, as I age I find that I really dig those guys. That's just me though...lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiffani said:

I gotcha! When I was younger I wasn't into them much besides the hits because they're a little slow and jazzy. However, as I age I find that I really dig those guys. That's just me though...lol. 

true. as i have gotten older i have found some bands i didn't like when i was younger. and some that i thought were good i now shake my head and say what the hell was i thinking?? :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

true. as i have gotten older i have found some bands i didn't like when i was younger. and some that i thought were good i now shake my head and say what the hell wasi thinking?? :)

true. as i have gotten older i have found some bands i didn't like when i was younger. and some that i thought were good i now shake my head and say what the hell was i thinking?? :)

Haha ..same here. Lol

• Like 1

• 11 months later...