The Evolution Debate

Dazey

17 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

You seem prone to making huge generalisations about entire groups of people.

Yes.  And theyre generally correct.

When a certain group exhibits a high occurrence of a particular trait, then you can make a generalization about that group having that trait.

7 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

slipnslider's inability to present an argument on ANY issue outside of a liberal/conservative political context is beyond tedious.

Seriously folks, doesn't this forum have an ignore button? 

Yeah it's on your laptop.  You're the one who keeps replying.  Never with a good argument, but replying nonetheless.

17 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

When it pertains to Earth worship, yes, but when it pertains to conception...not so much.

Trying to keep the earth habitable for humans isn't EARTH WORSHIP.  It's our only option besides the death of the human race, and many other species.

Fossil fuel billionaires have filled your head with propaganda.  You now root against the people trying to save the planet so that billionaires who don't give a shit about you can get richer.

3 minutes ago, slipnslider said:

Yeah it's on your laptop.  You're the one who keeps replying.  Never with a good argument, but replying nonetheless.

That's because I suspect you're a spam bot. You're posts are so predictable..."moron"..."moron".."stupid"..."conservative"..."moron". I want to ignore such posts, meaning I don't even want to see them when I scroll, or get a pop up notification when you reply. 

1 minute ago, slipnslider said:

You now root against the people trying to save the planet so that billionaires who don't give a shit about you can get richer.

I root against people trying to save the planet because their planet saving schemes have a way of increasing my taxes and living expenses across the board.

6 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I root against people trying to save the planet because their planet saving schemes have a way of increasing my taxes and living expenses across the board.

Right.  Because you only think about your own wallet.  Not the future of the species or your offspring.  The reason fossil fuels are cheap is because we're not paying the full cost.  We're just passing the rest of the cost onto people who aren't even born yet.  I'm not happy MOOCHING off them like you are.

That's why I keep calling you a moron.  Long term planning is a trait of higher brain function.  The inability to look out for anything beyond your immediate concerns is moronic.

Edited by slipnslider

Right.  Because you only think about your own wallet.  Not the future of the species or your offspring.

That's why I keep calling you a moron.  Long term planning is a trait of higher brain function.  The inability to look out for anything beyond your immediate concerns is moronic.

That's not strictly true. I think about Charmane Star from time to time.

Long term planning...LOL. This from a guy who declares "climate change" is real based on next year's weather forecast for a planet that is over a billion years old.

3 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Oh please. You're not better than someone just because they watch wrestling. 

No I'm better than them because I understand science enough to beleive in climate change and evolution.  Watching wresting is simply not surprising among people who's brains can't handle science.

1 minute ago, SteveAJones said:

That's not strictly true. I think about Charmane Star from time to time.

Long term planning...LOL. This from a guy who declares "climate change" is real based on next year's weather forecast for a planet that is over a billion years old.

Really?  You know what I'm basing things on now?  It's based on all the science.  Which you could easily look up yourself if reading big words didn't make your brain hurt so bad.

No I'm better than them because I understand science enough to believe in climate change and evolution. 

You aren't better than anyone. We're all food for worms, or don't they teach that in science class? I will say this, it's been said for some science is a religion. Dat be u.

22 minutes ago, slipnslider said:

Yes.  And theyre generally correct.

When a certain group exhibits a high occurrence of a particular trait, then you can make a generalization about that group having that trait.

Yet generalisations, in and of themselves, tell us virtually nothing about a given group unless supported by actual evidence of the group as a whole acting in a manner consistent with given claims. What evidence do you have that Republicans, in the main, act in a way that supports your claims?

Just now, SteveAJones said:

You aren't better than anyone. We're all food for worms, or don't they teach that in science class? I will say this, it's been said for some science is a religion. Dat be u.

Yeah, it's been said by morons who are trying to make themselves feel better about their ignorance.

Those of us who are trying to make life better for everyone are definitely better people than those who only look out for themselves.  If there were more of us and less of you, the world would be a much better place, and the human species could accomplish incredible things.

1 minute ago, PappyTron said:

Yet generalisations, in and of themselves, tell us virtually nothing about a given group unless supported by actual evidence of the group as a whole acting in a manner consistent with given claims. What evidence do you have that Republicans, in the main, act in a way that supports your claims?

Obviously you've never watched fox news.

Just now, slipnslider said:

Those of us who are trying to make life better for everyone are definitely better people than those who only look out for themselves.  If there were more of us and less of you, the world would be a much better place, and the human species could accomplish incredible things.

Don't do me any favors, pal. You want to put solar panels on YOUR home and drive a Prius be my guest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, slipnslider said:

If YOUR pollution stayed in YOUR house, I wouldn't give a shit what you did.

Do you think that's how it works?

I think how it works is you get enough brainwashed leftists such as yourself to buy into this climate change bullshit so there is little to no resistance to a CARBON TAX.

http://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/pricing-carbon

Edited by SteveAJones

2 hours ago, slipnslider said:

I've heard plenty of conservatives deny evolution.

Never heard a single liberal say our brains didn't evolve too.  Where the hell did you get that assertion?

And doesn't it ever make you wonder about conservatism when that is the preferred political wing of people who deny evolution and manmade climate change?

If your party is filled with morons, maybe you should abandon it.

Per liberal orthodoxy, I'm supposed to believe different populations (what we think of as race) of people who evolved in extremely different climates over 50,000-100,000 years didn't evolve any average differences in overall intelligence or time preference or cohesiveness. I'm sorry but that's absurd. You can't just believe in the parts of evolution that are socially acceptable. Essentially the whole sh*tstorm that publications like the bell curve caused is caused by people who can't accept this line of thinking.

*I fully understand some liberals admit these differences happened but that we can make it up via government policy, which probably isn't possible.

**I'm not a Republican, Trump was just better than Hillary on the big things I care about.

• Like 1

Just now, SteveAJones said:

I think how it works is you get enough brainwashed leftists such as yourself to buy into this climate change bullshit so there is little to no resistance to a CARBON TAX.

Science isn't brainwashing.  You have to be brainwashed to IGNORE the science, like you are.

And carbon already has a tax.  YOU are making future generations pay for it.  I have the integrity to say we should pay for our own energy costs.

1 minute ago, Axl owns dexter said:

Per liberal orthodoxy, I'm supposed to believe different populations (what we think of as race) of people who evolved in extremely different climates over 50,000-100,000 years didn't evolve any average differences in overall intelligence or time preference or cohesiveness. I'm sorry but that's absurd. You can't just believe in the parts of evolution that are socially acceptable. Essentially the whole sh*tstorm that publications like the bell curve caused is caused by people who can't accept this line of thinking.

*I fully understand some liberals admit these differences happened but that we can make it up via government policy, which probably isn't possible.

**I'm not a Republican, Trump was just better than Hillary on the big things I care about.

I don't refute anything you said.  It's not PC to say, but it's likely true.

That's what happens when you believe in science.  You believe in it even when it's conclusions are uncomfortable.

2 minutes ago, slipnslider said:

Science isn't brainwashing.  You have to be brainwashed to IGNORE the science, like you are.

And carbon already has a tax.  YOU are making future generations pay for it.  I have the integrity to say we should pay for our own energy costs.

I don't refute anything you said.  It's not PC to say, but it's likely true.

That's what happens when you believe in science.  You believe in it even when it's conclusions are uncomfortable.

The problem is, if I say this in polite company and the wrong person hears, I'm probably getting fired. We can't propose solutions if we even aren't allowed to discuss the issue.

2 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

The problem is, if I say this in polite company and the wrong person hears, I'm probably getting fired. We can't propose solutions if we even aren't allowed to discuss the issue.

The PC police is the worst side of the left.

The worst side of the right is: endless pollution, planetary environmental destruction, government owned by the rich, tax breaks for the rich, racism, homophobia, theocracy in government, more wasted military spending, worse schools... I could go on.

If I have to choose a side, it's not a hard choice.

5 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

No, no Fox News for me, but we aren't talking about Fox News; we're talking about you and your generalisations with no supporting evidence.

Fox news is my evidence.  The propaganda channel of the republican party.  Wall-to-wall climate change denial, science denial, and fake stories about fake things that horrible liberals supposedly want to do to innocent americans.

Just now, slipnslider said:

The PC police is the worst side of the left.

The worst side of the right is: endless pollution, planetary environmental destruction, government owned by the rich, tax breaks for the rich, racism, homophobia, theocracy in government, more wasted military spending, worse schools... I could go on.

If I have to choose a side, it's not a hard choice.

I'm pretty moderate on most issues. I might even vote left in a country that had the demographics of a northern european country. These demographic transformations that are taking place are going to change our entire way of life in the West. I think someone has to put their foot down and say enough. If someone considers that racist, oh well.

10 minutes ago, slipnslider said:

And carbon already has a tax.  YOU are making future generations pay for it.  I have the integrity to say we should pay for our own energy costs.I

Carbon is taxed in SOME parts of the world, but your side seeks a GLOBAL tax on carbon and/or cap and trade restrictions. I have the integrity to say EVERYTHING should be pay as you go in this world. That means no more unconstitutional socialized health care schemes, no more Big Government welfare programs, no more free rides for college, etc. 

1 minute ago, SteveAJones said:

Carbon is taxed in SOME parts of the world, but your side seeks a GLOBAL tax on carbon and/or cap and trade restrictions. I have the integrity to say EVERYTHING should be pay as you go in this world. That means no more unconstitutional socialized health care schemes, no more Big Government welfare programs, no more free rides for college, etc. 

But fossil fuels AREN"T pay as you go.  We pay PART of the cost.  We pass the other cost onto future generations.  You are the moocher conservatives complain so much about.

3 minutes ago, slipnslider said:

Fox news is my evidence.  The propaganda channel of the republican party.  Wall-to-wall climate change denial, science denial, and fake stories about fake things that horrible liberals supposedly want to do to innocent americans.

What does Fox News have to do with claims that you make? Can you not defend your own claims, or are you only capable of handing your defense over to someone or something else? I mean, you made the claim that conservatives believe that scientists are all a part of some kind of liberal conspiracy, so what is your evidence for such a claim and what is your evidence that anything more than a negligible percentage of conservatives believe such a thing?

19 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Nice spin. Next you'll insist "You didn't build that". 

Yeah.  So any point you can't refute is SPIN.

Fossil fuels are doing damage to future generations.  They will pay the cost of YOUR cheap fuel.  You're worse than a welfare queen. At least people on welfare admit their costs are being paid by others.

Edited by slipnslider