Gregg Allman has died

BlueJean Baby

1 hour ago, Syk said:

I think you're pretty spot on there. Reading The Heroin Diaries showed me that Nikki Sixx was a classic example of this. Dude had a ton of pain he never dealt with and ended up addicted to who knows how many drugs. He was playing sold out arenas every night, earning huge checks, and got any woman he wanted. None of that changed any of his past or how he felt about it. If anything, it intensified his demons and took him to a much darker place. 

In a way the success might even freeze you in that state or make it harder to deal with. Like when are you going to do this. That's why Axl being in therapy on the Illusion tour or coming out in Rolling Stone about abuse was so crazy. But what was more shocking is how nobody really noticed, the train just didn't stop. The media or fans only want the success story early on. And maybe we never really want to hear it. 

3 hours ago, wasted said:

In a way the success might even freeze you in that state or make it harder to deal with. Like when are you going to do this. That's why Axl being in therapy on the Illusion tour or coming out in Rolling Stone about abuse was so crazy. But what was more shocking is how nobody really noticed, the train just didn't stop. The media or fans only want the success story early on. And maybe we never really want to hear it. 

Quite a perspective you've got @wasted. Definitely gave me something to think about.