Brad Whitford: Aerosmith Records 'Very Rock 'n Roll' New Song

ChristmasFnatic

According to Whitford, however, the band is still "going to be playing for the next five years" and will most likely be releasing singles with new tunes: "You don't have to record a whole CD anymore. We've started recording a new song. It's very rock 'n roll."

He also hinted that he'd be open to see the group explore a new type of crossover -- with Latin artists. "You can't ignore Latin rhythms," he mused.

Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford talks to Billboard Argentina about the band's future:

Have you been recording lately?

We actually did some recording while we were touring Europe, and we started recording a new song. We were in the studio in London.

It feels like the age of singles again. Everyone is recording singles rather than albums.

Yeah, you know, you don't have to record a whole CD anymore. So, hopefully, we can put out this one song or two or three.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/international/7933950/aerosmith-new-song-brad-whitford-interview

-----------

Though Im not a total fan of their last album(MFAD)- I love some tracks there, esp. Out Goes the Lights, Freedom Fighter(Joe Perry song), Street Jesus, and even Another Last Goodbye(great vocals by Steven)... So cant wait for this.

This is good news!  "Very rock n roll" is what I think most of us have been waiting for from them.  I also never really saw how the current climate has already happened: the single era.  I like that perspective. 

Would give a like for posting