Going to California in May...I need some advixe

Alejandro GNR

So are you going to California with an aching, in your heart?  (My favorite Zep song of all time.)

Go to West Hollywood and walk along Sunset Strip.  Go visit the Rainbow Bar and Grill, the Roxy, the Whisky-a-go-go.   They don't sell GNR specific shirts, but they sell shirts from the venues, which are each an important part of GNR history.

Last time I was there I picked up a shirt at the Rainbow and the Whisky, but I didn't like the Roxy design so I passed.

Oh, and obviously go eat at Canter's Deli!  It's a little pricey but the food is decent.  Make sure to buy a signed copy of "Reckless Road" while you're there.  If you're lucky Marc will be there and say hi, but he wasn't in last time I was there.

If all you want is GNR shirts, you can get those at any big box retail store.  Wal Mart, Kohls, Hot Topic.  It's usually the bullet logo or Appetite era stuff, but "generic" GNR shirts are available everywhere.  Last summer I picked up four or five GNR shirts at Kohl's for like 12.99 each.   Not sure if there's any Kohl's in LA though.

Edited by estrangedtwat
  • Like 1