No Man's Sky is basically an all new game with 1.5 NEXT expansion.

Thankfully, I was completely ignorant to NMS while it was in development, so I was not devastated at release by all of the broken promises at it's 2016 release.

It has been completely reworked with the 1.5 NEXT update, better graphics, lots of tweaks, and a completely new building/ mining/farming system.  The good news is that it is really improved and you can actually meet a friend now.  The bad news is that all your old shit is garbage, and you pretty much have to start again imo.

It's better but the coop is pretty much pointless as you can't share any objectives with your friends, meaning, you are in the same place and that's cool, but you can't actually do shit together as ever player is locked to his / her own Campaign objectives…

So you can collect ressources together ( exciting… ) and build shit together ( that's cool I guess ).

If you want No Man's Sky to actually look and feel like another game, wait for the NEXT version of this mod :

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Apparently they're going to be expanding the game more and more. I'll get it on a Steam sale. @The Glow Inc. There is missions and stuff to do in co-op/multiplayer.

P.S. Can't wait to get my boss PC this week! GTX 1080 Ti etc etc

Grats on the new PC, I have a 1080ti in my bad daddy and it is glorious.

PS.  I have networking off now, because what keeps happening is that people join someone's game, destroy their base and leave.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, The Glow Inc. said:

It's better but the coop is pretty much pointless as you can't share any objectives with your friends, meaning, you are in the same place and that's cool, but you can't actually do shit together as ever player is locked to his / her own Campaign objectives…

So you can collect ressources together ( exciting… ) and build shit together ( that's cool I guess ).

If you want No Man's Sky to actually look and feel like another game, wait for the NEXT version of this mod :

That looks awesome

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, OmarBradley said:

The concept intrigued me, but I always felt like this was a less-serious Star Citizen, and with the notoriety it garnered on release, I sort of ignored the game.

Looking at it now with the NEXT update, I may actually get this. Looks fun.

It's really strange because I would describe it as "Space Job Simulator 3000" but I love it.   Part of me says "Dead, all you do is mine and farm in order to be able to mine and farm better."  The other half of me is like "Slash, it's fun as hell."

I think a big factor in why it doesn't bore me or feel like a constant grind is the fact that I can warp hundreds of light years away and grind on a completely different planet (that I discover and name) on a whim. 

• 3 weeks later...