Del James

-RocketQueen-

If my memory does not fail, Del James is a journalist/writer who is a friend of Axl. As you know he wrote "Without you" which is a short story inspired in the relation of Axl and his ex-wife Erin Everly, and Axl inspired in this story to make the Nov. Rain video.

The short story was posted here one or two weeks ago, in case you want to read it. :book:

If my memory does not fail, Del James is a journalist/writer who is a friend of Axl. As you know he wrote "Without you" which is a short story inspired in the relation of Axl and his ex-wife Erin Everly, and Axl inspired in this story to make the Nov. Rain video.

The short story was posted here one or two weeks ago, in case you want to read it. :book:

That's why in the end of the Nov. Rain videoclip says:"Based on the short story by Del James", isn't that right?

• 1 year later...

Hello,

does anyone have this book 'The Language of Fear' ? :book: It's sold so expensive !!! 125 $ for the less :s

I know that's maybe a hard work but if someone have it, couldn't it be possible to tape it little by little, story by story, as someone did with 'Without you' ? I think that's a shame to use this book to make some money. :/

He was Axl's best friend in 1992 I think? That's when Axl didn't trust anyone to interview him and only Del did. He was good friends with wveryone in the band

..well i don't think that's true as the good realation ship with all of them...was just in the beginnin'..

..but of course..u as an very special insider...know more than...me...::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:D I have The Language Of Fear autographed by Del James! :D And I ain't parting with it either lol.I won it from a contest that RIP magazine had when this book was released.RIP magazine is the magazone Del worked for for years.Wish they still published this magazine. :(

Hello,

does anyone have this book 'The Language of Fear' ? :book: It's sold so expensive !!! 125 $ for the less :s

I know that's maybe a hard work but if someone have it, couldn't it be possible to tape it little by little, story by story, as someone did with 'Without you' ? I think that's a shame to use this book to make some money. :/

Yes, i have it. about 10 years ago, my friend went to LA (from Australia) and purchased a few copies.

It is a FANTASTIC book!

If anyone has ever read "w/out u" and knows about axl's life then you'll defintely know that the story reflects on him and his life with steph :book:

sorry to say but you are wrong the story has to do with axl and erin not axl and steph :book:

He wrote the language of fear in 1994....

used to write for the magazine R.I.P

wrote some gnr songs....

He was in a strip club with Axl in Toronto in 2002...so guess he's still a part of the entourage.....

EMPEROR

Im not sure if its still done this way today but back in the late 80s/ early 90s anytime a magazine wanted an interview with Axl they gave their questions to Dell James, who would then do the interview on their behalf, he was basically in charge of keeping the bands image the way they wanted it to be!

Jonx

• 4 weeks later...
Im not sure if its still done this way today but back in the late 80s/ early 90s anytime a magazine wanted an interview with Axl they gave their questions to Dell James, who would then do the interview on their behalf, he was basically in charge of keeping the bands image the way they wanted it to be!

Jonx

Anyone knows if Del is still around in 2006?