Off timing - click tracks?

If there's one thing I don't like about band forums and communities is that we as fans often treat concerts like football matches, rating band members on the night as if ranking player performances (passing accuracy = jokes on stage: 9/10).

Guns fans are far from alone in this it has to be said - if you've been following a band for a long time it's hard not to. My issue with this is that you end up losing sight of the fact that you're at a rock n roll show and all that should entail.

With that all said, I'm going to be a hypocrite and hone in on something I've noticed during recent gigs.

I thought the band were ace when I saw them in Dublin. As many have said Axl sounded great.

Yet, there was something that jarred that night and has been when I've seen clips on this tour, and I wondered if anyone else has picked up on it.

Timing. 

Not flubbed lines, but more band members coming in slightly too early or too late.

Here's an example from the other night in Austria at 0.58 where Axl come in early: https://www.veed.io/view/5ad1f40d-f764-47f2-9957-3f03f4ed6de1

The way it seems to be an issue with all band members - Slash, Duff, Frank and Richard all seem prone to it as much as Axl - leads me to think that its an in-ear monitor issue. Maybe some sort of sync issue. Folk on here have suggested they're no longer using click tracks like they did on earlier legs, but this suggests to me that they may still be doing so.

Anyways, just an observation and apologies for the essay, but it was something that continues to bug me when watching clips.

Edited by SilverMachine
Misleading topic headline

• SilverMachine changed the title to Off timing - click tracks?
  • 5 weeks later...