Gig Day v Tour Truck T-shirt differences.

The shirts from 2017(Sao Paulo) and 2018(Philippines) are thick compared to the Germany I got last week, which is actually pretty thin and runs smaller.

MerchTruck is official because they even have it on the screen before the show. Not surprised they outsourced it though. Bought a Slash button down shirt at his own online store, but it is made by Dickies and even have the logo at the bottom of the shirt.

10 hours ago, DSTK said:

Again, it isn't the same shirt as the one sold at the gig, print on the front on the cheap and nasty Gildan one, opposed to the reverse of the gig show shirt, can't buy them anywhere else 

The colour quality, print and cotton quality on a merchtruck v gig shirt is big 

As I said, disregarding the print, the shirts from the gigs might be a different type, but are probably still Gildan shirts - just a different variant (i.e. Gildan Heavy Cotton instead of Gildan Softstyle or whatever).

I have an event shirt from London 2017 from the gig, with a printed label instead of a tag, and yeah it might be thicker, but I'd bet it is still a Gildan shirt.

As I said, if you look at the printed label on shirts purchased at 2023 gigs, they say made in Bangladesh.

The merch truck ones are also made in Bangladesh when you look at the tag.

So yeah, Gildan Softstyle shirts from the merch trucks, might be a little thinner softer feeling (matching the softstyle label), but shirts from the gigs will still be Gildan...just not SoftStyle.

Edited by sploit

7 hours ago, sploit said:

As I said, disregarding the print, the shirts from the gigs might be a different type, but are probably still Gildan shirts - just a different variant (i.e. Gildan Heavy Cotton instead of Gildan Softstyle or whatever).

I have an event shirt from London 2017 from the gig, with a printed label instead of a tag, and yeah it might be thicker, but I'd bet it is still a Gildan shirt.

As I said, if you look at the printed label on shirts purchased at 2023 gigs, they say made in Bangladesh.

The merch truck ones are also made in Bangladesh when you look at the tag.

So yeah, Gildan Softstyle shirts from the merch trucks, might be a little thinner softer feeling (matching the softstyle label), but shirts from the gigs will still be Gildan...just not SoftStyle.

Everything sold by 99% bands merch tents are Bangladesh made, my London 2017 shirt isn't that good quality wise, definitely better and softer now 

The print seems 1000x better on the GNR labeled shirts from the merch booths 

Yeah, I am not disputing that your shirt has a nice print...or that it feels nice to wear or whatever...

...I am simply saying that it will very likely be a different type of Gildan shirt, with the tag removed and a label added in print. The link I shared previously even mentions the removable tags as a feature, and mentions you can basically re-brand them.