DJ Shadow - Action Adventure (2023)

YourRocketDing

"If you’re reading this right now, it means that you opted into my mailing list, and more than likely you’re a hardcore fan. If so, then you deserve to hear about big news first…and I’m excited to announce to you that my new album is almost here.

Drumroll please...the title of the new album is...

[IMG]

…And I’m REALLY excited about it. There are 14 tracks, and all but one is instrumental. This, by definition, places it closer to Endtroducing and The Private Press in terms of personality and feel, but this is no throwback. The songs represent my continued evolution as a producer and songwriter, and I can honestly say that I couldn’t have made these tracks even a few years ago. Objectively, I hear maturity and growth. The arrangements are sophisticated but efficient, the programming more deliberate. As the title would imply, there’s a wide variety of moods and a premium on melody and texture, with the intention of maximum emotional impact.

Why no big-name collabs? I guess after my last two albums, which had a TON of guests, I needed to get personal and make music for myself again. I didn’t want to compromise or write music to give someone else a runway, I wanted to force myself to permeate every available sonic space and “own” the total composition. Time after time, I found myself writing songs that felt vocal-resistant somehow, so rather than fighting something organic, I embraced the challenge…and “Action Adventure” is the result. I can’t wait for you to hear it!

The album will be out in late October or early November, but the first single will be out THIS MONTH. Expect quite a bit of activity from me over the coming weeks, including more live dates (FINALLY). Meanwhile, I’ll continue to try to use this forum to alert you to important developments first."

www.djshadow.com

Action_Adventure_-_Cover_480x480.png?v=1

actionadventure.png.a444f9f9e62241f15cd9