Autograph opinion

Drakestar

Well, my son surprised me with an “autographed” (Axl, Slash) copy of AFD. I have a sense that it is not legit. Mainly, bc the seller has a similar listing, the pictured autographs on the current listing are exactly like the copy I have in my hands. Lines cross at the exact same places on the cross, same pen wisps etc.  Like it was printed by a printer, or colour photocopier.

what do you all think?

IMG_0700.jpg

They look right. The Slash is definitely good. I'm not sure I've ever seen Axl sign first name only like that, but the letters do look right for the most part, I think (though the lack of last name and compressed size of the auto throw off some of the pieces I normally look for). Whether it's live ink or printed you would only be able to tell in person, but it doesn't look autopenned, and I would lean towards it being authentic on the whole.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, axlslash said:

They look right. The Slash is definitely good. I'm not sure I've ever seen Axl sign first name only like that, but the letters do look right for the most part, I think (though the lack of last name and compressed size of the auto throw off some of the pieces I normally look for). Whether it's live ink or printed you would only be able to tell in person, but it doesn't look autopenned, and I would lean towards it being authentic on the whole.

Thanks. The seller says he has two copies and hasn’t updated the picture because he is away on holidays. The other listing has the same autographed booklet, but in a different jewel case (different plastic scratches etc.). He’s going to send a pic of the other one when he gets back. I can only imagine that maybe they store the signed papers in a file cabinet (for example) and when someone buys it, they put it in whatever case. So maybe the blooklet I have didn’t necessarily originally come in the case I have. 

This is a good example as to why I never got into autograph collecting.

On 12/27/2023 at 7:36 AM, Drakestar said:

Well, my son surprised me with an “autographed” (Axl, Slash) copy of AFD. I have a sense that it is not legit. Mainly, bc the seller has a similar listing, the pictured autographs on the current listing are exactly like the copy I have in my hands. Lines cross at the exact same places on the cross, same pen wisps etc.  Like it was printed by a printer, or colour photocopier.

what do you all think?

IMG_0700.jpg

Slash one looks legit. Have multiple autogrpahs from Slash and this is very similar. 

• Like 1