Motorhead - Glasgow

SofaKingWhat

I went to see Motorhead on tuesday at the Barrowlands in Glasgow.

We arrived late, and there was already a support act on, no idea who. I took the time to buy a t shirt and a novelty sized signed plectrum.

We couldnt be bothered working our way to front, so we stayed near the back by the bar. Its a tiny venue so we still had a great view of the stage. First time ive ever not been at the front of a gig. quite enjoyed it too.

Anyway, Sepultura came on as the second support group. Oh god they were shit. I mean shit. I mean what the fuck? music?

"This is a song from our new album, its called raaaaaaaaaaaaaa raaaaaaaaaaaa raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

"This is an old song we did, its called raaaaaaaaaa raaaaaaaaaaaaaaa raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

"This is the song it seems like we just finished playing, but it sounds the same, its called raaaaaaaaa raaaaaaaa raaaaaaaaa"

Ok, maybe if i knew the words a bit more it would help to understand what hes raaaaaaaaaaaaaaing, but damn. It was so shit.

On the plus side, it just made Motorheads set sound even better!

They rocked the place down, lemmy is kicking on 60 years old, and he hasnt lost his ability as a frontman. They were simply fantastic, and all the songs they played were great.

There was of course, the one man party in the crowd. You know, the guy standing on his, big space around him cos no one wants to go near him, and hes trashing around playing air guitar, pished out his head. Haha.

Oh and the lassies there!! some real stunners! one chic was on someones shoulders and flashed her tits at lemmy.

So ive finally seen motorhead, and im glad i did. When we walked out after the show, we were all thinking "now THAT was rock music!" B)