Grunge

Alexandra

What do you think of grunge  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

STP were really good, so were Soundgarden and Alice in Chains just fuckin rule.

I think people just think of Nirvana and that's why they say grunge sucks cause nirvana truly sucked

actually, ure right. i kinda ignored those bands and was just thinking of nirvana and other shitty bands like that when i made my little statement. how about this, some grunge is ok, but the rest of it is garbage. :P

This depends on what you consider "grunge". I only like about 3 Nirvana songs, but I love Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots...etc, both of which have actually been put in categories other than grunge. But anyways, I voted for "it's alright" just until we establish what "grunge" actually is.

Grunge was pretty fuckin good, there were some great grunge bands like Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins. It's good chillout music. Nirvana weren't that great in my opinion, some of their stuff ok.

All you haters can go and listen to your Poison, Def Leppard and Winger records.

As for STP I don't care what kind of music they made, they were just really bland with a bland singer, they only had about 4 good songs.

Whats wrong with Poison, Def Leppard and Winger least they didn't just sit around moaning about how shit life is, how they hate their mums and dads and how they've been hard done too even though their lifes have been alright and their dads at least have jobs to get them money.

They're just a bunch of attention seeking middle class pieces of shit that couldn't form hair metal bands because they couldn't sing and their musicianship was fucking lame. :drevil:

Whats wrong with Poison, Def Leppard and Winger least they didn't just sit around moaning about how shit life is, how they hate their mums and dads and how they've been hard done too even though their lifes have been alright and their dads at least have jobs to get them money.

They're just a bunch of attention seeking middle class pieces of shit that couldn't form hair metal bands because they couldn't sing and their musicianship was fucking lame. :drevil:

Yeah I know Grunge is pretty depressing (I sometimes feel the need to give Eddie Vedder a good slap for his constant moping and campaigning for neverending causes), but it's great to listen to when you're in a mellow or angry mood.

You say they can't sing or play their instruments, have you heard Chris Cornell's voice? it's a whole lot better than the likes of Bret Michaels and Joe Elliots and Eddie Vedders and Layne Steeley's voices are great too. On the guitar side Jerry Cantrell, Billy Corgan, Mike McCready and Kim Thayil's playing is pretty good, much better than CC Deville and those two idiots from Def Lappard who rarely solo. The only big grunge band which had bad musicianship and singing was Nirvana.

Don't try to defend the likes of Poison and Def Leppard- these are comedy bands, they're completely lightweight, they don't have any power at all in their music. When I first heard Love Bites I couldn't stop myself from laughing - the guy sings like a pure sissy.