Todd Kerns - Go Time!

Bono

Hey everyone. I had to pop on today to recomend a band/solo artist for ya all. I bought it today and figured there might be alot of people here who would really like it. It's Todd Kerns solo album titled Go Time!. If I'm not mistaken wasn't Todd Kerns once rumored to be one of the guys in the running for VR's singer? Anyways the album is pretty basic straight up rock n' roll and I figured it'd be worth it for you guys to check out. Todd Kerns used to be the singer in a Canadian band called Age of Electric. On a side note I think it's much better than Contraband though it lacks the guitars solos of Slash. It's a good album though. You could definatley play it at a party and if you like Contraband I'm pretty sure you'll like this. Though it doesn't necessarily work the other way around :lol: Cheers!

Go Time! - Todd Kerns

Edited by Bono

I have the album. I met him when he opened for the Tea Party. He's a really cool guy, he wore a VR shirt at the show here. And even HE agrees that Contraband is an awesome album...

Cool. What'ya thin of his album? I think it's o.k. I like it more than Contraband but VR shows they have more potential definately. You can hear it in the music even if it's not fully realised. Go Time! is a bit cliched as a pop rock album but it's less boring than Contraband in my opinion.

I dunno man... I'm with Slash when he says

"in my house, if a song doesn't have a 2 minute solo, it's crap"

That being said I do dig the riffs, and his vocals are excellent

BUT,

Having seen him live, the album's kind of a dissapointment. His live show is about 2x better than the actual CD.

I'll be keeping my eye on him though, I'm sure he's gonna be great over the next few albums. But at present, I have to say he's not ready to be in a band like VR.

I dunno man... I'm with Slash when he says

"in my house, if a song doesn't have a 2 minute solo, it's crap"

That being said I do dig the riffs, and his vocals are excellent

BUT,

Having seen him live, the album's kind of a dissapointment. His live show is about 2x better than the actual CD.

I'll be keeping my eye on him though, I'm sure he's gonna be great over the next few albums. But at present, I have to say he's not ready to be in a band like VR.

I hear ya. I dig alot of the riffs and his voice is great on some tracks. His album is a bit like Contraband in the sense that I can definately see the live show being kickass where the album seems to miss the target a bit. that's the way I feel about Contraband. I think the album misses but I want to see them live.