Hair Metal vs Grunge

krissirge

Which of these genres is better?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both of the genres haydays were a long time ago,so which is better in your opinion....

I vote for hair metal,because it was catchier and a lot cooler(yes yes,i think Brett Michaels was a lot cooler than Cobain)...grunge was just so...depressing.

BTW,GNR wasent hair metal(just in case people vote for hair metal,because the think GNR belongs there)

Guest Conga Fissure

I hate both.

Never really liked fabricated pop music ages.

Melodrama grunge vs Pretentious metal void of lyrical depth

Death to the MAINSTREAM!

I voted Hair because at least there was L.A. Guns and the era of guitar solos. :wub:

I think hair metal is more fun. besides, (IMO) grunge was the beginning of what rock has become (for the most part) these days. little skill, lots of screaming and rage against the world, and its very watered down and fit into a little mold on what rock should be. boring. what happened to the eighties? oh im sad now. bring it back!!!

fyi poison is supposed to be getting back together, and the crue already is on tour

:devil:

hair metal.

who needs questionning and misery and understanding "im so depressed because nobody understands me"

when you can get fucked up on drugs, screw a dirty slapper round the back street, live fast and die young.

thets face it, grunge is for losers.

now go into your mums room, steal her hairspray and your dads car keys, and lets get this fuckin show on the road and start a fucking riot.

Edited by MetalJay

Guest Conga Fissure

Grunge, the melodramatic dart in my ear.

Still hurts from time to time.

It influenced today's punk that touches on a stage of depression only suburbia white teens can relate to.

I can't do so.

Hair metal. Grunge got old pretty quick. I'm not saying hair metal didn't, but at least it was fun. The entire Seattle scene was so depressing, it just made you want to smoke crack in your room by yourself. I do enjoy listening to some bands from the grunge era (Alice In Chains, STP) but I don't consider them grunge for some reason.

I voted for grunge but i was just thinking about Nirvana,Pearl Jam and Soundgardn vs. Poison,Whitesnake and Warrant..

Nirvana kicks Poison and Whitesnakes ass anyday,have never heard Warrant so can`t say anything about them..

Hair Metal.

Actually there were some good hair metal bands.....SOme of their songs were really cool, I enjoy them very much. I'm not a big fan though....I prefer 'real' rock like GnR, Queen or Aerosmith

^_^

I can't stand grunge. It sucks. :vomit:

haha yeah grunge does suck bad

Hair metal definitely. It was fun and they has a lot of really good songs. Sometimes I find myself still putting on an old Poison album. I also can't stand grunge. Most of it is shouting into a microphone and you can't understand anything, and the guitar playing isn't that great either. Boring! :sleeper:

What is there not to like about being over indulgent, arrogant, bloated and egotistical whilst smashing up hotel rooms, fucking numerous girls, drinking bottles a jack and snorting coke off strippers?

Or we could pretend to shun the lifestyle, sing about not being understood and weep accepted.

I vote Hair Metal. Rock on.

Grunge is a million times better. Hair metal is watered down shit, the guitars have no power at all, listen to Talk dirty to me by Poison for an example. I especially hate those gay background lyrics found in hair metal songs such as Bad Medicine and also the drums sound dated and shit, if you notice in hair metal albums the drums usually sound fake.

Stop saying that Grunge is all about shouting and the singers can't sing, have you ever heard Chris Cornell sing? that guy's vocal ability is a whole lot better than the likes of Vince Neil and Bret Michaels as are Eddie Vedder and Layne Steeley. The Grunge guitarists weren't that bad, you had some decent guitarists like Jerry Cantrell who can solo quite well and Kim Thayil.

At the end of the day Hair Metal is cheesy and embarrasing. It's more like cheesy pop than 'metal'.