My playing on SCOM

Painful. That was horrible and I feel like you just raped my ears with a hot poker.

Agreed........My dog could fart a better version of SCOM

I would like to meet your dog. It shurly is talented.

But the playing of SCOM was not.

Your timing is not the best to say it easy. Try to play it with slash when your listning to SCOM.

And second of all....I now understad Why van Gough cut his ear of. God damn!!!

But keep trying...And your gonna get it right and it will be awsom!!!

I may get some "so what's" here but I am only 13 and have been playing for a year and am still learning the basics of guitar, i apologize for sucking so much.

Well I am actually a bit sorry. I'm not a god on the guitar Either. Im 18 and have playd for about a year now. And you are actually better then me. So I should not come so hard down on you.

Keep it up

Just keep practicing. Try working more on your timing, play along with the CD. Also, work more on your bending. Your bends are WAAAAY off. And remember, Slash does alot of reverse bending on that song. Reverse bending is where you play the note, bend it up, and then bend it back to the original note. Don't just bend, and then stop.

Just keep practicing. Try working more on your timing, play along with the CD. Also, work more on your bending. Your bends are WAAAAY off. And remember, Slash does alot of reverse bending on that song. Reverse bending is where you play the note, bend it up, and then bend it back to the original note. Don't just bend, and then stop.

not exactly.

if you're talkin about the 'bridge solos', if you will, then he uses the pre-bend

technique...

which is bending the note up, then hitting it and release.

Well this is a lot better than my earlier post, I think.

This is just me playing, i just recorded it.

http://s3.youshareit.com/download.php?a777...912baff897623e5

There it is

I don't think you're that bad, actually. There are a few things that you DO have to concentrate on:

1. Timing - your timing is way off. Ever wonder why sometimes when you play things they don't sound quite perfect? 9 times out of 10, it's timing. Get yourself a metronome, set it to 120 or 126 bpm then rip through the SCOM intro. They would have been playing to a click track in the studio when they recorded it.

2. Practise - you should be able to pull that intro off in your sleep before you even think of recording it (partiicularly for an audience of ruthless GNR fans). When I was learning it, and sometimes even now, I just play the intro over and over as if it were looped. I usually do that for about 5-10 minutes. It annoys the hell out of people around me but you really can't practise it enough. When Slash plays it, each note merges into the next one. You'll probably notice that Nu-GNR play it a bit choppier than Slash did though.

That's about it. You missed a few notes at the end of the intro but I'll forgive you. Practice this until you can do it effortlessly then re-post it. I'd be interested in your progress.