Randy Rhoads

slashrocks

i just realized no one made an RIP thread for Randy.....March 19 1982

i read a quote in a book called Bang Your Head: the rise and fall of heavy metal that said

"Randy was at about 80% of where he was gonna get at the time he died. At least Hendrix had time to peak before he passed"

Max Norman - Producer of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman

I honestly think if he hadnt died he could be the top heavy metal guitarist...listen to blizzard of ozz very closely and you'll see why...im listening to Mr Crowley at the moment

RIP Randy, youll be missed rock3rock4

Edit: I realize this is a little late but like i said in a previous thread ive been grounded

Edited by slashrocks

Best musician to ever touch a guitar! Randy Rhoads is a even bigger inspiration to me than Slash! His passion for the music was incredible. It makes me wonder if the plane crash never happened.

To celerbrate such a terrific rocker every person on this forum should go out and by Ozzy's Tribute to Rany Rhoads. The best cd (other than gnr's afd and uyis) you will ever buy.

R.I.P.

i am not so informed about his music, everything i have is Crazy Train and Mr.Crowley...but both are really awesome.

Try Dairy of a Madman and Suiside Solution. Both also really good songs.

Try the whole Randy Rhoads Tribute album. Now the songs on there are just flat out amazing, best live album i've heard besides the Live Era for GnR.

Edit: Dam GnF'nR66, you beat me to it rock3

Edited by RocknRollDemon5318

R.I.P.

i am not so informed about his music, everything i have is Crazy Train and Mr.Crowley...but both are really awesome.

Try Dairy of a Madman and Suiside Solution. Both also really good songs.

Try the whole Randy Rhoads Tribute album. Now the songs on there are just flat out amazing, best live album i've heard besides the Live Era for GnR.

Edit: Dam GnF'nR66, you beat me to it rock3

thank you for your advises, gonna check them out.

• 11 months later...

What really sucks about Randy dying(besides dying young, etc..) is that there is hardly any video footage of him playing guitar. He died when MTV was just starting. A few months after he died, Ozzy did a concert video for MTV with Brad Gillis(Nightranger) on guitar. Oh how I wish we had a concert like that with Randy.

At least we have the live Tribute album. He sounded great live and in the studio. A real perfectionist.