Loyal Fans just sign here!!!!!

newgnrsgreat

True Guns N' Roses fan here.  Especially of the old band.  The new guys seem cool, but still have to prove themselves.  Buckethead rox though!  Remember Guns N' Roses only has a following today because of what it was years ago.  Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler/Sorum/Dizzy/Gilby all get a piece of the credit.  Not just Axl..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, I'm a fan of the past, and the new, I was looking forward to seeing GNR on Dec. 17th, and its my b-day also. It sucks that this happend. I still love GNR and always will, and I'd rather have an album out more than anything else. I cant wait for it. It's going to be a good one. Rock on! Guns N' Roses Forever!

Peace!  :)

Wow, you are a clever yuppie aren't ya?  There's nothing worse than a c*nt who thinks he's more special than everyone else.  Never done a hard days work in his life.

yet another person speaking on a subject they know nothing about... I paid my way though college working construction... try digging ditches in phoenix in the summer b*tch.

Diehard fan of them.  I know Axl had a tough upbringing and read about some of the inner demons he's had to overcome.  I don't know what happened last week but I know what I saw at MSG was amazing!

Only he could put together an entire new band and have it sound incredible.  The guy's a great talent.

I just hope whatever's wrong can be worked out.  

I'm behind them all the way.

yet another person speaking on a subject they know nothing about... I paid my way though college working construction... try digging ditches in phoenix in the summer b*tch.

dude, that just further proves his point...

The bottom line is, that each and everyperson has an expertise in some field (or will do if currently having some form of education) and no-ones is higher or whatever than anybody else... So while you say a lot of crap that nobody understands, everybody else here could throw the same technical jargon back...

I dont know you (or at least outside of this forum) and i dont know what you do for a living, but my statement on IT was a a broad industry based analysis which as you just said was correct. so dont get your panties in a knot.

and thirdly, IT is the same all around the world, as is the education required so i dont need to know your whole life story just to gain an understanding on the IT market.

and thirdly, IT is the same all around the world, as is the education required so i dont need to know your whole life story just to gain an understanding on the IT market.

Wages and requierments changes after demand and importance ofcourse.. And also after how the country goes.. I doubt that a normal factory worker in your country earns the same as in my country.. The education migth be different aswell..

And if you are good at something in the states you will make more money that in tiny Norway.. Again because of demand..

LOL. again.. you don't know sh*t. My IQ is 139 not too shabby... I worked construction because it paid well cause no one wants to do it here in the summer.  My friend, you can't just say 'IT' .  there are a million components to 'IT'.  the 'E' at the end of RHCE stands for 'engineer'.  So go fu*k yourself if you think any 'dropout' can become an engineer.  I know you sure can't.

dude, that just further proves his point...

The bottom line is, that each and everyperson has an expertise in some field (or will do if currently having some form of education) and no-ones is higher or whatever than anybody else... So while you say a lot of crap that nobody understands, everybody else here could throw the same technical jargon back...

I dont know you (or at least outside of this forum) and i dont know what you do for a living, but my statement on IT was a a broad industry based analysis which as you just said was correct. so dont get your panties in a knot.

Wages and requierments changes after demand and importance ofcourse.. And also after how the country goes.. I doubt that a normal factory worker in your country earns the same as in my country.. The education migth be different aswell..

And if you are good at something in the states you will make more money that in tiny Norway.. Again because of demand..

well obviously there are going to be wage differentials etc, but the general market and market movements are a worldwide thing with globalisation and all, but the basic trends are different...

And just to be an arsehole i will point out that as the demand in Norway is low for such things due to its population etc, as is the supply, so the size of the country has nothing to do with it.. Unless you look at other issues such as econonomies of scale which can benefit workers in a smaller country since production is not as hard pressed or efficiently designed

LOL. again.. you don't know sh*t. My IQ is 139 not too shabby... I worked construction because it paid well cause no one wants to do it here in the summer.  My friend, you can't just say 'IT' .  there are a million components to 'IT'.  the 'E' at the end of RHCE stands for 'engineer'.  So go fu*k yourself if you think any 'dropout' can become an engineer.  I know you sure can't.

Oh gee, good for you! you must be such a nerd... Oh, lets all bow down to mr sparkle becuase he works in engineering and has an iq of 139....

Fuck dude, get over yourself..

firstly i never attacked you....

I made a general statement on the IT industry. I never said that your job will be taken by a high school drop out...

Secondly, i never said a high school drop out could be an engineer. I just said that in the IT industry, rather than having a higher proportion in the workforce needing t0o go out and get a degree, there are going to be a higher amount of lower qualified people working which will take down the general level of wages...

Now get over it... Im not out to get you, im not making a personal attack or anything. Stop taking it so personally.

Now you have every second high school drop out entering IT and i reckon IT is going to the next minimum wage blue collar job.....

Thats my theory anyway....

Take it or leave it...

I recall you making this general statment about ALL 'IT' Again, like I said, you bring your 'drop' outs and lets see them do what I do.   ::)  there are no more 'drop' outs going into IT then there are any other job.  Another ignorant statment.  

I recall you making this general statment about ALL 'IT' Again, like I said, you bring your 'drop' outs and lets see them do what I do.   ::)  there are no more 'drop' outs going into IT then there are any other job.  Another ignorant statment.  

as youve said before, IT covers a wide range of jobs..

It covers everyhitng from your call centre workers, right up to your engineers....

And, there are more high school drop outs that go into IT than most other industries that are considered as "good jobs" i.e. ones that pay more...

In any case, how would you know, i go to school, and i know that like 50% of people i ask what they want to do with their lives say that they want to go into IT....

Now im sure that not all of those 50% are going to go to uni and become engineers.

oh, so you think the regulars working as technicians and at call centres all have degrees!

and the IT industry is very similar in australia as it is in the US, since there are the exact same needs for firms...

And i can certainly tell you there are a lot of bums workinh in IT in australia.. I mean obviously not in the better jobs, but in the crappier jobs...

and for the note, i have friend who fucked his HSC up (the australian version of what ever your high school exams are) (i.e. high school drop out)  and he is now working for microsoft and is now an area manager (i dont know exactly what he does) and is earning shitloads, and was offered a job in the US paying more, but he declined, but the fact is that he could still get that job.,..

Some people get lucky, just like every type of job.. you can get lucky... And yes, the way the IT market is today, I dare you to come to America and get a 'IT' call center job without a degree.  Where I work, you need a 4 year degree to get into the help desk where you make $12 an hour.  To get a nice paying job in IT, you have to start at the help desk level and work your way up. Not any 'bum' can come in off the street and start networking a company.  like I said, come to America right now, and try to get an 'IT' job, it's not as easy as you think. Maybe they hire kangaroo's there to do tech support, but we sure don't here... not the way the market is.  And yes the tech's at least have a A+ cert... so not any uneducated person can even get a tech job... duh. I have been in this industry since I was 18, you think you know more then me? Typical 17 year old punk who thinks he knows everything   ::)

Here is a posting from my companys website... please apply and let me know if you get the job   ;)  Check the Education requierments  ::)

Technical Support / Customer Service Representatives

Posted: September 3, 2002

Department: Technical Support

Overview: Currently there are openings in our inbound call center to support our nationwide dialup service.

Responsibilities:

Candidates are expected to have at least one year serving in a technical support role and enjoy working on the telephones. Duties will include technical support for dial-up, DSL, e-mail and the Internet, as well as process billing inquiries for customers. Prior work with MS Windows 95/98/00/NT and TCP/IP configuration are required. Overall customer-service driven, highly motivated, enthusiastic individuals should apply to be part of this fast paced environment.

Qualifications:

Proven customer service experience in a technical support environment

Experience with Win 95/98/NT operating systems

Experience with Dial-UP Networking and modem troubleshooting

Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting Internet connection issues

Proficient with MS Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and Outlook Express

Previous call center experience and DSL/VDSL experience a plus

Education:

Preferred: Bachelor's degree. Minimum: Associates degree with customer service or technical support experience will be considered.

Compensation DOE. We also offer a competitive benefits program including Vacation, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people get lucky, just like every type of job.. you can get lucky... And yes, the way the IT market is today, I dare you to come to America and get a 'IT' call center job without a degree.  Where I work, you need a 4 year degree to get into the help desk where you make $12 an hour.  To get a nice paying job in IT, you have to start at the help desk level and work your way up.

Well that just proves half of what i was saying

(that the market is flooded, and pay in IT is going down)

And no, im not some 17 year old punk who thinks he knows about everyhitng... Im a 17 year old punk who knows that almost every second stundent wants to do somehting in IT......

If you want to argue that, then fine, i will gladly argue that point with you.

Sorry to interrupt your little squabble ... but is there a GNR-related topic in there somewhere?  Did I miss it?

This is a GNR board in case you forgot.  ;D ;) (Although I have asked Eric to set up a non-GNR related section since we seem to get side-tracked like this quite frequently.  He said he would - but I'm still waiting.  :P)

flooded has nothing to do with it. It's called layoffs.

yes, but what that does, is mean that there are shit loads of people out there looking for IT jobs, and so there is a higher supply, and hence the price goes down....

For Example:

supplyshift.gif

In this graph, you can see that there has been an increase in supply. This means that for every amount supplied, there is a decrease in price. (hence the shift from the supply curve to the right)

This can of course be applied to the labour market...

Sorry to interrupt your little squabble ... but is there a GNR-related topic in there somewhere?  Did I miss it?

This is a GNR board in case you forgot.  ;D ;) (Although I have asked Eric to set up a non-GNR related section since we seem to get side-tracked like this quite frequently.  He said he would - but I'm still waiting.  :P)

haha so true...

But youve forgotton that me and mr sparkle like to fuck over each other.. We cant resist arguing, no matter how petty the arguement... Its in our blood.....

Hahaha....

(at the end of the day we enjoy each others company becuase we like to argue.. Its actually quite enjoyable)

:);):D ;D