The Slash Project...

nightrain44

I think the Slash/Duff/Izzy/Matt project is going to be awesome!  It's actually going to sound like GNR!  What about a singer?  Bach?  Meeks?  I hear they have about 40 songs recorded, and are working on the vocalist.  Anyone have any more news, information, links, or opinions on it?  If so, post it in here...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think the new GNR sound like the old GNR....

Anyway, as for news, there was a demo released of the Slash/Duff/Matt/Izzy project and the song was called 'Pleasin'. The vocalist was Brad Cox, but he has been ruled out now.

On Halloween Sebastian Bach and Ronnie Wood (Rolling Stones) joined Izzy/slash etc. for there own version of Paradise City. That was in Los Angeles.

Courtney "I'm famous cos my husband is dead" Love was rumored to be the singer, but I honestly think that is just a rumor. Slash said to MTV, not to rule her out though.... she might well be in the band yet  :o

Travis Meeks, frontman of 'Days Of New', was yesterday rumored to be rehearsing with the band - but the source was Blabber-oh what a cr@p source-mouth.net From what I've heard Travis Meeks was rehearsing, but that is all. He is not in the band.

Hopefully there'll be some official news soon  :D

For those who never heard 'Pleasin', sorry but the guys have asked all sites to remove it from the net. It wasn't supposed to be released, and Brad Cox had no right to post it online  >:( Grr.......  ::):P ;D

you know, if you are an axl cocksucker, then mbe the project wont be for you, but the attraction to GNR is more than just axl for other fans...

i will say one thing..... this band isn't going to be big commercially. The project will be a fairly low key band, but who cares... The music is there and thats all that matters...

And the new gnr just dont have the chemistry... Simple as that.... you cant have chemistry when they dont know each other in the same way that the original band did, and when they arent friends like the original band were... And aslo they never shared the same experiences...

I just thgiunk its so sad that the greatest rock band in the world has ended up like this with two bands each lacking the thing that the other band can supply.

one weak nathan and gnrlies...YOU guys are fu**ing loosers..hooray for tolerance!s!he will return,he will show you punks that that nobody tells him what to do..GNR and axl rocks

and to nathan,you was calling me "little boy",YOU dont know sh*t...

It could be a good album, or it could possibly be the worst album of all time. Of course that title first has to be taken from Slash's Snake Pit.  I love they guy, but that album... Yikes.  Of course GnR lies will say something in defense here because he is allowed to criticize Axl, but I am not allowed to criticize Slash   ::). Hypocrisy       ::)

Again another petty childish reply from Mr. Sparkle hey sport keep up with the nana nana goo goo stuff... Hypocrisy? No I think if you follow GnR LIEs argument you'll find that what he's sickof is people going SLASH who? Like the fact that commerciality is a measure of good music... If you tie into that argument then you obviously must think that Britney and N'syc are good music because commercially they are huge... The "pro Axl can do no wrong" crowd has taken sides and suddenly Slash can't play guitar!! What is so impossible for you people to understand that this new GnR is a commercial exploitation of an old concept? Its good but its not the real deal. It may blaze new paths of rock and roll glory but it still will be a revamp and remake and a retry situation. Its a label now -a product... if this were a soap box it would in bold and bright letters say "New and improved"... Oh yeagh well what the F*ck was wrong with the old product you were selling me? Was it a sh*t product then? What like the gen public wasn't getting enough of dorks in masks playing guitar?  

Again another petty childish reply from Mr. Sparkle hey sport keep up with the nana nana goo goo stuff... Hypocrisy? No I think if you follow GnR LIEs argument you'll find that what he's sickof is people going SLASH who? Like the fact that commerciality is a measure of good music... If you tie into that argument then you obviously must think that Britney and N'syc are good music because commercially they are huge... The "pro Axl can do no wrong" crowd has taken sides and suddenly Slash can't play guitar!! What is so impossible for you people to understand that this new GnR is a commercial exploitation of an old concept? Its good but its not the real deal. It may blaze new paths of rock and roll glory but it still will be a revamp and remake and a retry situation. Its a label now -a product... if this were a soap box it would in bold and bright letters say "New and improved"... Oh yeagh well what the F*ck was wrong with the old product you were selling me? Was it a sh*t product then? What like the gen public wasn't getting enough of dorks in masks playing guitar?  

Don't be jealous because 99% of this board likes me and agrees with me more then you   ::) I never said AXL could do no wrong, I simply said don't try and repress me from listening to the new GnR... Of course your thick skull with no brain can't seem to understand this.

Who they get as singer could make or break this album, they need someone who can also help write lyrics which could be why their trying so many people they know they need the right person. We all know that with slash/Izzy/Duff that the disc will be great musically it's the lyrics that are questionable.

I already said that once, anyway:

I want GNR and the Slash/Izzy/Duff/Matt-Project to both make great music for their fans. That would be awesome! And it would be some material for the NEWS I think of sth. like: "Slash tells MTV: Let's see who is the better GNR, Axl!"

And they both fight for ranks in the charts.

I just had to think of Ozzy Osbournes "Dreamer", cause that would really be soooooooooooo cooooool!!!

I think there is room for both bands ;D. I think the Slash project will do good if the vocals are done right, and I think the new GNR is great as well. I saw the Hartford show and while they did not sound exactly like the old GNR, they were still awsome. I did not expect them to sound like the old GNR, and I don't expect the Slash project to sound exactly like GNR without Axl writing the songs. If I can't have Axl and the old band back together then I might as well get new stuff from them seperatly.

Personally, I think the new GNR sound like the old GNR....

Anyway, as for news, there was a demo released of the Slash/Duff/Matt/Izzy project and the song was called 'Pleasin'. The vocalist was Brad Cox, but he has been ruled out now.

On Halloween Sebastian Bach and Ronnie Wood (Rolling Stones) joined Izzy/slash etc. for there own version of Paradise City. That was in Los Angeles.

Courtney "I'm famous cos my husband is dead" Love was rumored to be the singer, but I honestly think that is just a rumor. Slash said to MTV, not to rule her out though.... she might well be in the band yet  :o

Travis Meeks, frontman of 'Days Of New', was yesterday rumored to be rehearsing with the band - but the source was Blabber-oh what a cr@p source-mouth.net From what I've heard Travis Meeks was rehearsing, but that is all. He is not in the band.

Hopefully there'll be some official news soon  :D

For those who never heard 'Pleasin', sorry but the guys have asked all sites to remove it from the net. It wasn't supposed to be released, and Brad Cox had no right to post it online  >:( Grr.......  ::):P ;D

The Pleasin song was not supposed to be released because the band thought the singing was not good.  Brad Cox put it on his web site because he liked it, though Slash and the band did not.  It has been pulled off most sites.

It could be a good album, or it could possibly be the worst album of all time. Of course that title first has to be taken from Slash's Snake Pit.  I love they guy, but that album... Yikes.  Of course GnR lies will say something in defense here because he is allowed to criticize Axl, but I am not allowed to criticize Slash   ::). Hypocrisy       ::)

The band will likely be call the Guns and the first tour will be the Fu#k Axl Tour.  Sparkle haven't you left this board yet.

Sorry about my previous post, I did not read the entire first post I quoted before I responded.....sorry.

the new gnr doesn't sound like the old ones hell no

these gnr are kind of weird sound specially in the vmas

and i watched in snakepit.org a video with the slash,etc project and bach was singing and it sounded really cool

they played paradise city and it was really better than the vma

I've always like Slash's Album... well the Ain't Life Grand one... (downloaded but.. im so cheap) ive only heard a few off the first one!

Which one is the "the worst album of all time" according to u Mr_Sparkle?