WHY DOES AXL HATE ALL THE ORIGINAL BAND MEMBERS?

madagascar

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wish I had a nickel for everytime this topic was discussed, argued and pondered over. Wait! make that a penny.

Reason Axl acts the way he does about the old members from my point of view is that he desperatly wants the public to accept the new band, and stop asking where the old members are and why don't he get back together with them. Acually if that were to happen, it would satisfy more fans than he is now, but I'm sure he has his reasons, and if he seems ticked off about them, maybe it's because everyone keeps asking over and over and over again.

I know it'd piss me off.

I didn't say it was right, it was an a*shole thing to do, but that's what happened accrording to interviews.

and you're right it does seem he can do whatever he wants. maybe when you're a millionare you have more influence over people-more than us common po-folk do.

wish I had a nickel for everytime this topic was discussed, argued and pondered over. Wait! make that a penny.

Hell, Jennie, we could split that penny and both be ridiculously rich.  

Only Axl knows if he hates the old members much less why.  This is not as simple as what one ex member says in an interview.  Or even what all the ex members say in interviews.  We're never going to know the real unbiased truth of it because all of them can only see it from their own perspective and it's all been colored by 10 years of bad blood.

the answer here is quit obvious.. hasn't anyone here heard Slash's Snakepit?   If anyone brought that crap to me I would fire their asses too.  In fact, if you listen to any of the other members solo projects it's pure crap.  Except for Izzy, he has some talent.  From the 4 new 'Axl' songs I have heard, they completely smoke any of the other members solo crap.  Gun's N Roses = Axl and Izzy and a little slash before he went Michale Jackson on us.

ghostface yes owning the rights of the name gives you the ability to fire bandmates... of course he didn't do this but if you read the facts you'll know why they left: because he drove them to leave.

IZZY: Axl (one of his best friends supposedly btw) tried to cut down on his rights and income. how would you feel if your best friend tried to do this to you ? i would feel estranged ,and when you feel estranged you just leave. so : Izzy-Axl:1-0

STEVEN: Ok this guy's fault was all his and the rest of the band was right when they fired him. So GNR(not just axl)-Steven=1-0

SLASH: Axl threatened him to leave the band unless he passed the name rights to him. Can you be in the same band with a person like this ? Slash ,however did... Then he brings tobias in when he can't play better than slash's little finger. Isn't the lead guitarists job to choose his partner ? why does axl drop in where he shouldn't ? And third , musical differences: ok this is something noone can be blamed for. every member can have his own opinion. So Slash-Axl=1-0

DUFF: Duff also was threatened in order to pass the rights. Plus he didn't leave until 98 if you know the history. which means he was there for axl ,but he had to encounter a frontman who didn't want to do his job, which is to make music. 91 was uyi (tsp doesn't really count) and it's 98 and you haven't got one original single... what do you expect from a musician ? to wait for his frontman for 7 years to let him release a record ? would you stay and see your life and career be destroyed ? plus axl doesn't really accuse duff if you heard his recent rant.. so Duff-Axl=1-0.

And what is axl's argument ??? i mean what it really is, not just "slash always lies and duff always follows him". Give us an example... tell us what happened that night when you broke up (if it happened this way). He doesn't .. why ? if he's right he shouldn't be afraid to tell and keep saying undefined things... at least we can see the other guys reasons .. what is yours ? "they abondonded him..." - but of course they abandoned him... you can see why in the above lines. Why did 3 people abandon him ? isn't it more possible that when 3 people are against one they are the ones who have right ? also the old guys are always willing to reunite. he's the problem and of course they can't ask him unless he shows that he wants it. that's all.  :P going to the university .. ;)

shit well i dunno, i think we don't know alot about what went behind the scenes, i'm sure both sides had some good and some bad.  just everybody seems to just blame axl all the time, i'm sure alot of it was his fault, but it had to be the other band mates too.  

G-Face

madagascar we're talking about original members and dizzy is not. but if you want to know it's because dizzy is a hired gun with no particularly noticable talent. he's a good musician but nothing more than that.. he's not a keyboard genius. he is just paid to do his job and i doubt if he would find a better paid job than in guns n roses because obviously other big bands wouldn't choose him from a wide range of keyboard players that exist today. after all when you think of gnr in your subconcience do you include dizzy ? or do you think it something like GNR + Dizzy who's there just to do some additional job ?