WHY DOES AXL HATE ALL THE ORIGINAL BAND MEMBERS?

madagascar

Legally and Technically speaking the "new band" or whatever you choose to call it is "Guns N'Roses."  Its not Axl's band or a cover band.  

Most people are just mad the old band is not together.  Same thing happened to Van Halen/Van Hagar...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dito on that "PHENOMENAL"..........I just didn't want to sound over zealous.......but they are damn good aren't they?? I just love that Dizzy!! I know his wife doesn't mind me saying that, cause she knows I saw him first..way back when..........I'm talking before he could even walk.....hehehehahaha

I have to agree LW.

gee....... wasent there somebody here once who told me that this place needed a little something when nobody posted? well its Friday night & I am in a great mood! so as always, take me with a grain of salt!  & smile for me!!!  This was a rough week!

But thats just silly.  What do you mean 'they' are making a comeback.  It's the first time these people have been in a band together, so there is no comeback to be made.  Axl is back, yes, but Guns N' Roses - NO!

Quote:I for one, don't know what the big deal is with who is or who isn't in the band. It's not about who is GN'R or who has left GN'R. It's the sound that they make together that makes the band. So it doesn't matter what the hell they call themselves. They are a kickin ass band and they give their fans music that they love to hear!  How many bands have made a comeback after a decade of silence??  I for one love their music, always have, and always will...no matter what !! So quit your moaning and groaning about them and get a life!!  

That just doesn't make sense. It does matter who is in the band, because they are different musicians.  

So if I started a band with a few mates and we jammed to GNR songs and wrote a few new ones, then called ourselves Guns N' Roses,  would we really be Guns N' Roes?  No, just like Axl, who has called in new people and jammed to GNR songs and wrote a few new ones.

I have to agree with everything thats said here, but i mean theres nothing else left of Guns N Roses. I mean i am a fan of guns n roses so i will follow "the project" and "axl's GNR"

I mean its better than nothing aint it??? Sure is sad, but thats life unfortunately...

well i think its a matter of pride..

I mean the GNR name means so much to rock fans, and just who deserves to have the credit is important.. I mean for me it is very important..

You wouldn't have a sporting competition and not aknowledge the winners.

ah.. after all the name "gnr" means to everyone of us something else... if for me it means the original band ,then you can't tell me it doesn't just like i can't tell you that for you it doesn't mean axl... what i find logic is that it's called a "band" and a band consists of more than one permanent persons .. if it was only axl and supporting band then we would call him a solo artist and call him by his name, just like rory gallagher, neil young ,van morisson,joe cocker, bob dylan ,etc...

ah.. after all the name "gnr" means to everyone of us something else... if for me it means the original band ,then you can't tell me it doesn't just like i can't tell you that for you it doesn't mean axl... what i find logic is that it's called a "band" and a band consists of more than one permanent persons .. if it was only axl and supporting band then we would call him a solo artist and call him by his name, just like rory gallagher, neil young ,van morisson,joe cocker, bob dylan ,etc...

I agree with you!!!!

GNR isn't axl for me either! Gnr is the original band for me!

I was just stating that the new GNR is better than no gnr at all...

I am sure there are a few, but in principle, ur pretty much on target,

Essentially, Im hearing from those who disagree with you in general..."GNR is not the same or as good as the old GNR", NO Shi*, but the genius is there, who happens to be the lead singer also, thank god, cause without the voice many a musical genius has been held back by lack of a voice and had to pass off his writings to others.

Axl is smart enought to know he has to play some old stuff for the old fans, and talented enough to play some new stuff because his fire is still burning.

And he's keeping the new stuff to  minimum by design, he knows exactly what he's doing...

If rock n roll has any hope, lets not piss him off cause he

will take a hike if he's provoked......

Lets all wait on "Chinese Democracy" to judge, and in the meantime, lets just enjoy the long awaited return, bad sound systems and all..........you little witch

Actually a band is defined as a group of people or in this case more specifically as a group of musicians playing together as an ensemble.  It doesn't say anything about how many permanent members there are.

Of course!!!

BUT, when a band is named, it is named becuase of the poepl in it, and you cant have a different band pretending to be another band.

I mean if you had a dog that died, you wouldn't fool yourself and buy another dog and name it the same name. Its a different dog, so you dont call it the same name.

But anyway, i mean its a matter of what the GNR name stands for, not really the name itself. I mean after all its just a name, but its the credits and history and fan attention that the name created that we are talking about. I mean the prestige and accoaldes that GNR have, dont belong with the new band....

Anyway gettin back to the original idea of this thread (Why Axl hates alums ) I don't think he has hard feelings towards Izzy anymore , He actually mentioned him in the Idaho show ( in a good way ) I remeber a few times when Iz first left  Axl would play DC or DTJ and say " I forget who wrote this song " and other similar things , and now he doesn't play DC at Idaho out of respect for Izzy    ??? also I know everyone's heard rumors about his contributions to Chinese Democracy . So I guess Axl has posssibly buried the Hatchett with Izzy ( not the other guys though ) .

Peace GnR Nation  8)