Trance music

krissirge

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's dancing music and I like to dance so therefore I like trance. I don't listen to trance all the time though, there's a time and a place for everything. When I want to dance all crazy style I listen to trance or other types of rave music and when I want to rock out I will listen to GNR. Trance music is mostly rave music though, you listen to it when you go to a rave and you go to a rave when you want to dance like a dumbass but not feel stupid because everyone around you is either messed up or dancing stupider than you. I like most kinds of music though, there are very few music generes I am not open to. And for every person that gives me shit for listening to trance or my other rave music there is always somebody else that gives me shit for listening to GNR and quite frankly I don't give a shit as long as I am happy with the music I am listening to and trust me I am. When I listen to trance music I am having the time of my life because I am dancing like there was no tommorow and I'm also having the time of my life when I'm listening to GNR because I'm rocking out hardcore style. Music is about having fun and I have fun with my music but that doesn't necessarily mean that somebody else will have fun with the type of music I listen to. Just because you don't like a certain type of muic doesn't mean it's not good, it just means you don't enjoy it and that's great for you because you don't have to listen to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like to be able to dance like a total idiot but not be embarassed. But the thing is, trance cannot get me to that state. If they were blasting Van Halen music, then I could dance like an idiot. Only certain music like Van Halen can cause me to want to move and use a lot of energy for no apparent reason. Trance, leaving alone the fact that I hate it, really doesn't seem to have any energy in it to make you want to use all your energy for retarded dancing. It seems that people go to the clubs, and since they hear the music they're like "well this beat thingy music is on, so I guess that means it's time to dance like an idiot." Whereas, for me at least, if the clubs played Van Halen (or stuff like it), I would just start moving like an idiot, and it would take me a couple minutes to realize I was doing so. The idiocy comes naturally with the right music. I don't think trance is the right music.

trance music by definition sucks. Totaly un-original crap. I fail to see the art in it. It is meaningless, and it can be made by any moron with a keyboard and a turntable. I have no admiration at all for it. Especialy the way they steal riffs and melodies from real bands all the time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You sure you're dutch? :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. Why? :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whenever I go anywhere on the train, or listen to the radio, or turn on the tv, all I hear is trance music! :(

I don't hear it in a skizo way, inside my head either!

....at least, I hope not.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Dance music is good. It gives me the same type of energetic feeling that hard rock/metal does. I reccomend you checking out Armand Van Helden, his music's real funky. And all of you people who think any talentless person can make a dance tune by just buying a keyboard, turntable, and ripping off some old tune, why don't you try it and make some serious money in the process?

• 2 months later...

IMO death metal or whatever the fuck it is sucks. With the screaming and shouting of lyrics and violent instrument playing is the worst music ever. Trance is more up-beat more up-lifting than any fuckin hardcore metal band. Go to Ibiza or any of the balearic islands and watch the sunset and rise to some chilled house or trance. Im guessing 80% of people on this forum are just rock and metal which is so sad. You people constantly slate Rap, Pop and Trance because you're severly small minded and i pity everyone of you. Especially the guy who foolishly started this topic because i think your taste in music is awfully bad

Edited by Mama Kin

i love trance music, mixing songs is an artform, thats if you no what your talking about, obviosly most of you here dont

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The nails been hit right on the head with this post. All your Trance bashers have no idea what Trance actually is. Rave and Trance music are two seperate styles of music. All you Trance haters would have never heard real Trance in your life because it doesnt get released into the charts. Armin Van Burren, Marco V and Darren Tate to name but a few. These guys are masters at what they do, FACT

i love trance music, mixing songs is an artform, thats if you no what your talking about, obviosly most of you here dont

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The nails been hit right on the head with this post. All your Trance bashers have no idea what Trance actually is. Rave and Trance music are two seperate styles of music. All you Trance haters would have never heard real Trance in your life because it doesnt get released into the charts. Armin Van Burren, Marco V and Darren Tate to name but a few. These guys are masters at what they do, FACT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trance is used at raves,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trance is used at raves,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah it is often used at raves but a lot of people in here believe rave and trance music are the same and there not.

IMO death metal or whatever the fuck it is sucks. With the screaming and shouting of lyrics and violent instrument playing is the worst music ever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we'll atleast it's music,people atleast play instruments there when plaing live,can't say the same about trance.

Go to Ibiza or any of the balearic islands and watch the sunset and rise to some chilled house or trance.
Now honestly why the FUCK would any normal rocker do that,because simply.Simply the guys who go to these clubs

and listen to trance are the biggest assholes ever and the girls are dumb big breasted blonds who look and sound like Paris Hilton clones.No thanks.Plus here even going to clubs is impossible because a ong haired person is going to get his ass kicked by a gruop of BMW riding assholes before he even reaches the club (Not insluting you,just in Estonia,plus there are exeptions aswell)

You people constantly slate Rap, Pop and Trance because you're severly small minded and i pity everyone of you.
considering that just just insulted metal,you're just the same.

Now honestly why the FUCK would any normal rocker do that,because simply.Simply the guys who go to these clubs

and listen to trance are the biggest assholes ever and the girls are dumb big breasted blonds who look and sound like Paris Hilton clones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

and listen to trance are the biggest assholes ever and the girls are dumb big breasted blonds who look and sound like Paris Hilton clones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that Genesis. Krissirge i can understand you dislike Trance but you should at least appreciate it. Sorry for slating your music but i love Rock music more than anything but i just dislike the real heavy stuff you're into but i appreciate what the artists do

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry,but its quite real here.....when walking on the street and a few of those people walk past you...expect a lot of insults thrown at you about your long hair.Here there is full-scale hating going on between rockers(metalheads) and trance-listeners.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry,but its quite real here.....when walking on the street and a few of those people walk past you...expect a lot of insults thrown at you about your long hair.Here there is full-scale hating going on between rockers(metalheads) and trance-listeners.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well one of my best friend loves Trance so much and i love Rock so much and we're best friends plus his hair is longer than mine :lol: I feel sorry for you that your country is like that about music. Come to the U.K man you're tastes and style will be appreciated

I admit I'm not an expert in trance, but as a programmer i can genuinely say that it would be completely possible to make a random-trance-song-generator-omatic that could come up with stuff like Eric Pritz and stuff like that. You'd only need to record the vocals, and that's just about 30 seconds worth, repeated over and over again.

What also gets me is the really inane lyrics that sound like they were written by a 12 year old. I mean, if you're only going to have 4 lines of lyrics in the song, repeated over and over again, you could at least TRY not to fill it with ridiculous clichés like "hold on, be strong!" Decent lyrics aren't that difficult to write.

The whole things just seems so sugarcoated. And the adverts do really annoy me. The way that they all show a few seconds of some bikini-blonde's torso gyrating, then cut to some more footage of the same thing. It all just seems like such a cheap shot.

Now obviously I've only heard stuff like the aforementoned Eric Pridz (or whatever), so I can't say much more than that.

Edited by Maddergascar

I admit I'm not an expert in trance, but as a programmer i can genuinely say that it would be completely possible to make a random-trance-song-generator-omatic that could come up with stuff like Eric Pritz and stuff like that. You'd only need to record the vocals, and that's just about 30 seconds worth, repeated over and over again.

What also gets me is the really inane lyrics that sound like they were written by a 12 year old. I mean, if you're only going to have 4 lines of lyrics in the song, repeated over and over again, you could at least TRY not to fill it with ridiculous clichés like "hold on, be strong!" Decent lyrics aren't that difficult to write.

The whole things just seems so sugarcoated. And the adverts do really annoy me. The way that they all show a few seconds of some bikini-blonde's torso gyrating, then cut to some more footage of the same thing. It all just seems like such a cheap shot.

Now obviously I've only heard stuff like the aforementoned Eric Pridz (or whatever), so I can't say much more than that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What an excellent post Maddergascar. As you said you have only heard the commercial side of Trance although its more House you dont slate it which i applaud. Mainstream House is very boring and sounds similar to other House music but Trance on the other hand which rarely has lyrics is much better. It can only be pulled off by certain DJ's