The Project is annoying....

Mr_Sparkle

Is this a joke?  :o

How can you possibly think Axl's lyrics and vocals were secondary or -- as you say --  ''bonus'' to the guitar riffs.  That's insane!  Seek help.

This is the thing?? Why does this surprise you???

I mean slash for me was a major part of GNR. especially in a live sense.

The riffs of the song is the foundation of it. I am entitled to like GNR for my own reasons. And their riffs are mine...

Personally, i love to hell and back doing air guitar to all the GNR stuff. Its what makes it amazing. Thats what makes the song good for me, not the lyrics or singing. The solo's in a song also add an extra depth which i must say in as diplomatic a way as i can, arent found in New Gnr songs. This is a fundamental reason why I and many others prefer the old band (purely based on songs written live, however if they are a tone of their new material then CD wont be as good as i would of liked it to be)

And there are a lot of us who think this way too. I mean many people tell stories how their first introduction to GNR was the opening riffs of WTTJ. This is what established there tone as a raw rock n roll band.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... The riffs of the song is the foundation of it. I am entitled to like GNR for my own reasons. And their riffs are mine...

Personally, i love to hell and back doing air guitar to all the GNR stuff. Its what makes it amazing. Thats what makes the song good for me, not the lyrics or singing. The solo's in a song also add an extra depth which i must say in as diplomatic a way as i can, arent found in New Gnr songs. This is a fundamental reason why I and many others prefer the old band (purely based on songs written live, however if they are a tone of their new material then CD wont be as good as i would of liked it to be)

And there are a lot of us who think this way too. I mean many people tell stories how their first introduction to GNR was the opening riffs of WTTJ. This is what established there tone as a raw rock n roll band.

It's true that many of us think the guitar riffs are amazing.  But dude, I can't think of another person on this forum (or anywhere else for that matter) who would agree with your view that Axl's lyrics and vocals were "secondary" or just "bonus."