The Project is annoying....

Mr_Sparkle

I find it annoying that the project is putting together an album.. When each of them said they would not get back together with guns n roses...  If Izzy was going to be part of it for sure... i am sure if there would have been some ass kissing and a few apologies they could have got axl back in since Izzy is the most important part here...  I feel a bit cheated.. Like they are trying to play some stupid game here... they would have never done this if Axl wouldn't have started up a new guns n roese... Guess the bright side is there will be basically 2 different guns n roses so it's twice as much good material...  Only reason i have any faith in this 'Project' is because Izzy is part of it.. The others have proven their solo ability's are pure crap... SnakePit is garbage.. so is anything Duff has done... Izzy is the only solid one besides axl to put foruth a decent effort to make a great album...    :-/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when it comes down to it, evryone want  to se axl rose  and bucket, no  matter what slash does, he wont be  sucsesfull,  because he needs axl more then he thinks he does. AXL on the other  heand, does not need Slash  at all to be sucsesfull, he is what evryone  wants

...  Only reason i have any faith in this 'Project' is because Izzy is part of it.. The others have proven their solo ability's are pure crap... SnakePit is garbage.. so is anything Duff has done... Izzy is the only solid one besides axl to put foruth a decent effort to make a great album...    :-/

Izzy hasn't been a huge success on his own either.

But he is a brilliant songwriter -- no doubt about it.

I think the Project can be a success because it has four of them together, and I really believe the band as a whole is much greater than the individual parts. There's just a certain chemistry -- almost magic -- when they play together that you don't see in their solo work.  But they do need a strong frontman to make it work.

when it comes down to it, evryone want  to se axl rose  and bucket, no  matter what slash does, he wont be  sucsesfull,  because he needs axl more then he thinks he does. AXL on the other  heand, does not need Slash  at all to be sucsesfull, he is what evryone  wants

I dont think thats correct... I mean I for one am more of a fan of slash than Axl, i mean sure the majority of people out there know and like axl, but axl is not an integral part to success..... I and many others are a GNR fan for a lot more than axl...

And i dont know when your refering to that each member said they would never get back togvether, but i know that any time ove heard somehting like that, theyve always added "well at least no in the near future"

And i dont think there is much behind it. I think the first thing that brought them together was the Randy Castillo tribute which was the first "majorish" reunion of the guys, and then camp freddy etc. But this all happened before axl's assault on asia and europe etc, so i dont think there is a big plan behind it...

...  And i dont think there is much behind it. I think the first thing that brought them together was the Randy Castillo tribute which was the first "majorish" reunion of the guys, and then camp freddy etc. But this all happened before axl's assault on asia and europe etc, so i dont think there is a big plan behind it...

You believe that? You think it's just one big coincidence that the former members just happen to get back together just as Axl is making his comeback?  :P

You must really be naive.

well i mean why would it be???

These are just a group of old friends reforming in a band. Theres no need for commercial success or anything like that. I mean even if the timing was as a result of axl, it would been because it bourght back old memories or something like that, it wouldn't be a situation where they would be thinking

"Oh hmm, axl's stirred up GNR again, lets reform a new band so that we can capitalise of his success"

Its just not like that...

And they did form / get back together in some sense at the randy castillo tribute, and that was before axl's CD tour, so yeah, that part is plain and bold...

man "the guns" or the project

will kick ass

if you didn't know they were like 70% of gnr or even more cause axl is only a singer and a great songwriter but izzy can write as good as axl and they have long time playing together(slash,duff,izzy,matt)yeah they have great chemistry,if they get sebastian bach with them better be careful axl rose and his "guns n roses" cause everybody here knows that slash/izzy/duff/matt are better for rock n roll than buckethead/robin/etc/etc cause this guys are other kind of rock so it is up to you what do u prefer rock n roll or this techno-rock of this gnr

but anyway will see

Well, there's no doubt that the Slash/Matt/Duff project will get a LOT more buzz and airplay if they put out an album at the same time as Axl's comeback. And I would guess the CD will sell a lot more sitting next to a heavily-promoted GNR CD than it would if it was just quietly released three years from now.

And I don't think this fact has eluded them.  ;)

The others have proven their solo ability's are pure crap... SnakePit is garbage.. so is anything Duff has done... Izzy is the only solid one besides axl to put foruth a decent effort to make a great album...    :-/

Ummmm at least they have put albums out... What about Axl??? Nope, done nothing.

And they did form / get back together in some sense at the randy castillo tribute, and that was before axl's CD tour, so yeah, that part is plain and bold...

bullsh*t  

What part of that is bullshit???

Slash said it himself... Read the MTV article...

I also agree that I'd rather wait for Axl's release than a lame excuse for an album put together in a couple of months purely for the reason of living off the publicity of someone who is now in a better band and is likely to sell a LOT of albums. It's quite lame that the "Great" Slash and co. feel the need to live off Axl's publicity.

I wish them the greatest of failures.

with all due respect to Slash, Duff and the X mates,

they will never be part of anything even close to the magnitude of Guns N Roses without Axl.....

But Axl has a shot, and its looking like a good one, at having the same sucsess as before.

Its just the way it is in music, creativitywise they WERE probably equal, but imagine the Stones without Mick singing, or Creed without Scott Sapp singing, Its the lead singer thing. Pure and simple.

Heres my take on it..

Why not have the old band put together some material? "The Guns"  Ok. See it as a play on the GNR name but ya know what?THEY WERE THE GUNS! These fellas were there too. It wasn't like they didn't earn the right to carry on. Its not like they were "hired guns" in GNRs yesterdays. I mean they lugged thier own gear around on the sunset stip all to being catered to on thier own jet. These are the members of GUns and Roses- Not johnny come latelys.. MOST of the music we love was written by them..  They were instrumental in getting the music out. Why shouldn't they get in on the bandwagon? WHats wrong with them capitilizing on thier efforts too? I don't think any of them wanted GNR to end as it was. It was issues with AXl who refused to budge and inch on some issues.

So Axl won the name and wrote a new chapter for GNR'S legacy and he brutally punished them for not sharing his vision of what GNR should be... fine just like a divorce.. each side has its camp. To say these guys have nothing to give without AXl is a serious underestimation. US lead singers always get the glory but we aint sh*t without the music. If Axl would have been singing with any other group in Hollywood I doubt they would have made it as far as they did. I was in Hollywood in the 80's and there were musicians light years ahead of GNR technique wise.  When these guys were playing the clubs they were like a gang. They had each others back. That does make a difference.

Axls been calling these fellas down for years...saying it was like prison working with these guys professionaly and distasteful personally. Slash aint nothing but a Druggie..only wants to write about drugs ect....

If they don't do it cuz it can be done and for the faithful fans then do it for the sake of PRIDE. If they have it in them the only thing that suffers is Axls ego. IF not then it settles a score of issues.Maybe the old band was washed up and incapable of going a new direction. Maybe they only had one ore two modes of thinking. Maybe they could only write AFD2- 3- 4

Maybe Axl is right...he got sick of picking these guys up and dragging them along his illusion. Maybe he has a point about just who got them to where they are now. We may never really know or even care depending on our particular bias but one thing is for damn sure A little competition can only push the rock world to new hieghths. Axl didn't exactly spend every day and every working hour on Chinese Democracy for the last 9 years..that is a myth. Im sure he put a great deal of time and thought into it but not 9 years worth of time.

If this little project"the guns" will shut  some people up and settle this insane debate Im all for it and I will support it by going to thier show and listning to thier CD's. The key will be the vocals though this much I admit to.

even if axl and co never surfaced, the alums still get along, it would have been a matter of time,why should they not play together cuz they are not in gnr,  i just hope this isnt like that deal where there are two bands out there called ratt, but if they do call it the guns,then ya they are trying to get cheap publicity. advice for the project : get an original name, play your own music, stray yourself from gnr,that is if and when axl comes around. shit i dont think they are trying to live off anything,lets say izzy owned the name and they all canned axl, would  a product called axl rose band  have more sucess than the name guns n roses,its all int he name.i downloaded a recent jamm with duff,slash and matt, it sounded good.

Heres my take on it..

Why not have the old band put together some material? "The Guns"  Ok. See it as a play on the GNR name but ya know what?THEY WERE THE GUNS! These fellas were there too. It wasn't like they didn't earn the right to carry on. Its not like they were "hired guns" in GNRs yesterdays. I mean they lugged thier own gear around on the sunset stip all to being catered to on thier own jet. These are the members of GUns and Roses- Not johnny come latelys.. MOST of the music we love was written by them..  They were instrumental in getting the music out. Why shouldn't they get in on the bandwagon? WHats wrong with them capitilizing on thier efforts too? I don't think any of them wanted GNR to end as it was. It was issues with AXl who refused to budge and inch on some issues.

So Axl won the name and wrote a new chapter for GNR'S legacy and he brutally punished them for not sharing his vision of what GNR should be... fine just like a divorce.. each side has its camp. To say these guys have nothing to give without AXl is a serious underestimation. US lead singers always get the glory but we aint sh*t without the music. If Axl would have been singing with any other group in Hollywood I doubt they would have made it as far as they did. I was in Hollywood in the 80's and there were musicians light years ahead of GNR technique wise.  When these guys were playing the clubs they were like a gang. They had each others back. That does make a difference.

Axls been calling these fellas down for years...saying it was like prison working with these guys professionaly and distasteful personally. Slash aint nothing but a Druggie..only wants to write about drugs ect....

If they don't do it cuz it can be done and for the faithful fans then do it for the sake of PRIDE. If they have it in them the only thing that suffers is Axls ego. IF not then it settles a score of issues.Maybe the old band was washed up and incapable of going a new direction. Maybe they only had one ore two modes of thinking. Maybe they could only write AFD2- 3- 4

Maybe Axl is right...he got sick of picking these guys up and dragging them along his illusion. Maybe he has a point about just who got them to where they are now. We may never really know or even care depending on our particular bias but one thing is for damn sure A little competition can only push the rock world to new hieghths. Axl didn't exactly spend every day and every working hour on Chinese Democracy for the last 9 years..that is a myth. Im sure he put a great deal of time and thought into it but not 9 years worth of time.

If this little project"the guns" will shut  some people up and settle this insane debate Im all for it and I will support it by going to thier show and listning to thier CD's. The key will be the vocals though this much I admit to.

The point is, it's just lame... they should move their seperate ways... slash said in the interview they would play old guns n roses songs.. that's stupid..  Guns N Roses songs should not be played without Axl singing them...  Voice is totatly different then guitar/bass/drum parts... You can rewrite songs, but if i see courtney love singing it's so easy i am gonna puke.

Axl wrote the lyrics and the base parts (not Bass) on many of thier songs  fleshed it out what direction he wanted to go and then let the band put the "meat on it"solos ect...Some of GNRs best songs were colaborations..elements of many different peoples ideas. occasionally there is asong like November rain that is 100% an individuals effort.

What Axl liked to do was pick and chose. Dictate what sound went there and what should go there...... in the end he stopped rehearsing with the band all together. Kind of like "here you guys play it like I want it and then I'll come in when I see fit and finish it off ect...Not like a band at all. Toward the end of old GNR he would listen to the music and determin the ability for a potential hit and if it turned HIM on. He wouldnt do a song of someone elses if he didn't like it. When they didnt like his material he would throw a tantrum.. Fine if your a solo act but not good if your in a BAND. Everyone of the old members say that in the end GNR wansn't what they signed up for. AXL wanted huge and they wanted to stay raw and closer to the audience. Izzy wanted club/arena tours and Axl wanted giants stadium....They didn't like the direction Axl was taking it. I thought that Duff and Slashes solutions were probably the best at first... go and do a solo album of the stuff you want to do but keep the core intact but even Axl came to regard the old band as nothing more than a vehicle for a solo act.

As for them ripping off some free publicity.. remember they hold stock in GNR slash/duff/izzy.. finacially they want axl to go to the top... the resales of afd and uyi,lies and TSI will climb also and this means they get royalties. As for the type of music they will be doing I imagine it to be the rawed out form of harder stuff. it was the ballads that made GNR big commercially ...SCOM NR Estranged..Patience ect... WTTJ didn't really become a hit until scom came out. so this could be interesting.

i don't  think they going to do anything better then  UYI records, dont exept  anithing  more  than that.

it's  going to be  somthing  like  Snakpit  and  Loaded put  together, nothing special

agreed, if they got axl back and put out a pure balls out rock and roll album, raw.. modern... it would rule.. but not loaded/snakepit material... bleh