Axl's New Style

NiGhTrAiN66

I realize that it has been nearly a decade since we last saw Axl on stage, but what is with this new style of his. I understand that he is a 40 year old now, but I don't think the Football jersey show after show works. Is he wearing those to cover up the weight he put on. I saw him in Vegas this past new years and when he wore an open jacket, he looked ripped. I think the jerseys make him look heavier than he is. And what is he going to do, find a jersey of the team that's located in the areana that gnr are playing at that night? Its kind of insulting, he probably never heard of that Idaho hockey team. Axl should stick with the leather and latex, or the classic versace he used to wear.

I agree with you about the changing of costume thing, i think the jersey gets very repetitive, however i dont necessarily want him to go back to the spandex bike shorts!  He should have a few different outfits, but not necessarily of his old style clothes...

Although i wouldn't mind seeing him wearing the kilt again!

The thing is leather jackets, kilts, the bad look, it isn't the fashion nemore. Groups these days r more serious abt the music not wot they wear.

Not sayin that i wouldn't like to c him in his kilt & jacket coz i would.

I think we'll be seeing a "Vancouver sucks" t-shirt soon..... ;D

it would be sadly ironic, fúcking over tousands of fans, costing them hundreds of dollars each, because he couldnt make it on time, then telling them they suck. what respect could you have for the man after that?

St.Lois, was because it was a díck in the crowd that started it. i think i would lose a lot of respect for him if he blamed what went down in vacouver on the fans.

it would be sadly ironic, fúcking over tousands of fans, costing them hundreds of dollars each, because he couldnt make it on time, then telling them they suck. what respect could you have for the man after that? ..

One_Weak, Axl didn't cancel the show. He was on the way there and planned to play the gig. It was the stadium manager who scrapped it because he thought Axl should be in the stadium and ready to play even before the two opening bands hit the stage,  which is ridiculous!  So don't blame Axl!

I'm guessing the stadium manager didn't want to take the chance of the show running late because then he might not be able to get the ice back into the arena in time for his precious hockey game the next night.  So blame the stadium manager, not Axl.

Every show since Vancouver Axl hasn't been on stage before 10:30 or so and it all works out rather well from what I hear.  The idiot who cancelled should have know that's how he operates.  It isn't any big secret.  Seems everyone since has been slightly more in touch with reality.  I've got nothing but sympathy for those fans in Vancouver.  It's unfortunate for them that the manager was such a twit.

The thing is leather jackets, kilts, the bad look, it isn't the fashion nemore. Groups these days r more serious abt the music not wot they wear.

Not sayin that i wouldn't like to c him in his kilt & jacket coz i would.

Were they ever in fachion?

But i mean he can get more than just the jersey. its not about him going to the old clothes, but juct having a few different clothes

He should go back to wearing the T-shirts with the messages on them , I love to see St. Louis Sucks again  ;D  ::)

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Haha yeah!

Nobody knows im a lesbian and;

Kill Your Idols (with jesus) and;

charlie dont surf (with  charles manson)

One_Weak, Axl didn't cancel the show. He was on the way there and planned to play the gig. It was the stadium manager who scrapped it because he thought Axl should be in the stadium and ready to play even before the two opening bands hit the stage,  which is ridiculous!  So don't blame Axl!

I'm guessing the stadium manager didn't want to take the chance of the show running late because then he might not be able to get the ice back into the arena in time for his precious hockey game the next night.  So blame the stadium manager, not Axl.

It doesn't matter who canceled the show.. First of all, to say that axl is blameless is a bit niave, but even if axl was not at fault, thenit would stiull be a kick in the pants. I mean either way, those fans were pissed at axl then, and i mean you wouldn't do that to those fans. It would just insult them more.