Is Any Publicity Good Publicity?

madison

You have to admit the Vancouver cancellation has given GNR a LOT of publicity. The band has made headlines everywhere without playing a single note. GNR hasn't generated this much buzz since the VMAs.

However, I'm not sure if this kind of publicity will help sell tickets. If anything, it could hurt sales -- especially for people who have to travel to get to the show. I mean, some people may be reluctant to book flights and hotels if they're worried the band might not show up.  :-/  What do you think?

No this IS good.... Who would here guns play good show

Like.. what all of the rolling stone community loL!

THis is like the WHOLE WORD!

Plus.. it might help ticket sales... i would love to say i was part of the riot  ;D Bwhahaha (immature.. YES) but yeah.... They get their money back do they not?!

Its all good!

exactly, and remember on the MTV music awards Axl was quoted as saying, "We are going to test this material on tour"  that to me means he isn't to worried about ticket sales... he isn't real confident about this album and wants to see how we like it before he releases crap.  I personally am liking this.. he is doing this a way it has never been done before... He is doing a arena tour with no Album, no single... nothing... Just to see how things are out there in the world.. pure genious.. I am sorry some of you just can't appriciate what a geinous he is....    ;D

.. They get their money back do they not?!

For the tickets? Yes.  For the flights and hotels? No.

.. I personally am liking this.. he is doing this a way it has never been done before... He is doing a arena tour with no Album, no single... nothing... Just to see how things are out there in the world.. pure genious.. I am sorry some of you just can't appriciate what a geinous he is....    ;D

I agree. Axl has always been really savvy when it comes to releasing albums at just the right time. And he tends to move against the grain when it comes to marketing and publicity.

But I really think he needs to get the single out soon, and start doing interviews to promote the band and tour while he's got the momentum behind him. Just my opinion.

Maybe it's possible to plan for all contingencies but people don't.  Axl's people didn't plan for the possibility of problems with the plane.  Sh*t happens.  And believing that this was a publicity stunt is incredibly cynical.  Axl is far too intelligent to think that this kind of publicity would be beneficial.

I listend to that interview with axl.. did he say anythign was wrong with the plane?  I don't think so, he said something like "I was in the air" .... so he was on his way... Most main acts don't get to to the staduim until a few minutes before showtime... I mean, Mix Master Mike is cool and all, but how many times can you listen to him before you go off the freaking handle and go nuts?  He was in the air at 8pm would have been there by 10:30pm... I hardly find this unacceptable behavior...  'nuff said.

You have to admit the Vancouver cancellation has given GNR a LOT of publicity. The band has made headlines everywhere without playing a single note. GNR hasn't generated this much buzz since the VMAs.  

I don't think no one cares anymore.  When they did the news coverage on MTV yesterday about the Vancouver riot, John Norris would say something like "We have got GnR news." the audience were silent as if it went over their heads.

I agree. It would have been more disturbing if the Britney and Pink fans were all over GNR.   :D

Of course, once GNR starts ripping up the charts (when - and if - the album comes out ;)), then I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these pop fluff fans start turning to rock and wind up jumping on the GNR bandwagon.

"Reality check"

As much as i want that to happen, it aint gonna happen...

Have you listened to the radio lately? Top 40?

And have you listened to songs which GnR will not release as singles, songs like Madagascar, Chinese Democracy and The Blues?

Compare these to the songs which bands like Creed, Incubus and Puddle Of Mudd got their breaktrough with..

"Reality check"

As much as i want that to happen, it aint gonna happen...

I disagree. The music world is undergoing a transformation similar to the one that happened in the late '80s when GNR first hit the music scene. People are being drawn to rock again -- You can see it in the revival and popularity of many of the old rock bands that have been doing nostalgia reunion tours and by the dwindling popularity of those fluff bands like N'Sync and Britney.  People are hungry for real rock again, and GNR is just the one to bring it back.