Is Any Publicity Good Publicity?

madison

If GnR gets really big again it WILL appeal to all those trendy MFA's cause they don't really "listen" to music they just HEAR it ,  ;) , and if it's popular and MTV says Hey this is what's cool now then evry last one of them is going to hop on the GnR Train . It's a shame they'll have no F*#kin clue about the colorful history of the band and the original members , plus the contributions they made to the world of rock .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

This was not good publicity. I can not believe people who say that canceling the show was a PR stunt even though it worked. The show got cancelled there were a small number of people when compared to the amount going to the show who decided to break shit. This did make the news and was good press.  But what if they had opened the doors at 6:30 like scheduled and cancelled at 7:45 with over 10000 people in the building it would have got destroyed. Instead of a few thousand dollars worth of damage this could have been millions and the resulting lawsuits which Axl doesn't need more of could not be considered a good thing. This was supposed to be the beginning of Round 2 Axl has been working on new songs and getting a new band together in anticipation of that 1st show, this is not what he wanted to happen.

• 7 years later...

Well..,. it depends.

For example if you say that GNR is going to do a huge TOUR that is very good publicity, but if you say that Slash gear is banned from a concert that's bad publicity.

No doubt.

Axl's lucky that news of him calling one of the operators of his largest fan sites a c**t, didn't make the rounds on the blogsphere.

Bad pub is bad, because everyone in the real world thinks Axl Rose is a dickhead. It does not even matter if its not his fault, he is been doing stupid things for years that were his fault, no shows, being "late". walking off stage, beating up fans, kicking fans out of shows, riots, etc. The perception of Axl Rose is very bad, so any bad pub adds fuel to the fire.

Axl Rose has a terrible rep now and it may have been "cool" when he was in his 20s but the guy is in his 40s now and pull that same kind of stuff now makes him look like a fool.

Didn't realize Madison was stirring shit this far back.

:rofl-lol:

You may want to read Eric's post a few posts down.

He pretty much agreed with Madison, I guess he was stirring up shit too right? *rolls eyes*

FYI I did read through most of this thread before posting. I made the comment above not because of anything anyone said, but what I felt was the intention behind the words.

Didn't realize Madison was stirring shit this far back.

:rofl-lol:

You may want to read Eric's post a few posts down.

He pretty much agreed with Madison, I guess he was stirring up shit too right? *rolls eyes*

FYI I did read through most of this thread before posting. I made the comment above not because of anything anyone said, but what I felt was the intention behind the words.

You are taking the post out of context since there was a lot of talk about it still being good pub back in 2002 when that thread was posted about what happened.

So you cannot base what you think the intentions were without actually being around here back then, you were not so you cannot say.