NIN Live Show

madison

I caught the NIN show at the Hammerstein here in Manhattan last night.

An awesome show!!!! Trent's voice was incredible -- the sound was dead-on. Amazing! One of the best live shows I've ever seen.

Has anyone else checked out NIN during the current tour?

I got two bootlegs from march and they were shit hot! Trent is so fukin cool!

I have boots from a couple of the live shows in California -- and the quality is amazing. Sounds like they were professionally recorded.

I got two bootlegs from march and they were shit hot! Trent is so fukin cool!

I have boots from a couple of the live shows in California -- and the quality is amazing. Sounds like they were professionally recorded.

Hey, where did you get the boots from, just kazza or another application like that?

Madison, what was the show like visually?  were there any cool visual effects?

It was cool and effective -- but not extravagant.

He used a lot of spotlights and flashing neon bars behind the stage - which would alternate - sometimes as flashing trippy strobe lights - and other times the spotlights would be turned onto the audience - lighting up the entire crowd. It was pretty cool to see in a small club like that. I believe he's booking arenas for his Fall tour.

It was pretty cool to see in a small club like that. I believe he's booking arenas for his Fall tour.

I'm at Manchester Apollo on 10th July.

It's sad that people refer to NIN as 'he', 'his' or 'him', but i guess it's true these days.

How much new stuff did they play Madison?

R.

It was pretty cool to see in a small club like that.  I believe he's booking arenas for his Fall tour.

I'm at Manchester Apollo on 10th July.

It's sad that people refer to NIN as 'he', 'his' or 'him', but i guess it's true these days.

How much new stuff did they play Madison?

R.

Umm... NIN is Trent Reznor. lol

On his first album, he wrote every song and played every instrument on the album -all by himself! The guy is a genius. He then hired band members to play on the road. (I'm sure he wouldn't have done that if there was any way he could have played all the instruments simultaneously by himself on stage. lol).

And it's like that for all of his albums. He writes, sings, and plays all the instruments himself -- although he did bring in Dave Grohl to do drums on his latest album - which was unusual. So, he's even more of a perfectionist and control freak than Axl. :lol:

As for the show -- I should have gone to both NYC shows because he played different tracks from the With Teeth album in the second show. The gig lasted about an hour and 45 minutes - and it flew by. There were so many great songs he didn't get to play -- and no encore. :( I think he was in a hurry to go back to his hotel because he had to be in court the next morning. (He's involved in a lawsuit against his former manager at the Federal Courthouse here in Manhattan).

im so very jealous!!!!!! did they play Hurt or Closer?

Yes, he played both.

The entire audience sang along to Hurt - every word -- and it was so loud that they drowned out Trent's vocals at times. NIN's fans are so dedicated - It's like a religious experience going to see one of his shows. :shades: