Punk

Chrisi Rokks

which punk?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

in your words i like Faggy "no balls" punk

I agree. I like Greenday and early Blink 182, although thats about it as far as my liking for neo-punk goes.

The Sex Pistols were hacks anyways. :rolleyes:

i hate old punk.. just doesnt appeal to me... *waits for bashers*

in your words i like Faggy "no balls" punk

I agree. I like Greenday and early Blink 182, although thats about it as far as my liking for neo-punk goes.

The Sex Pistols were hacks anyways. :rolleyes:

i hate old punk.. just doesnt appeal to me... *waits for bashers*

:ph34r: Indeed.

/me retreats to a bomb shelter.

You guys can like whatever you want, but I still think that the sound of these Punk Boy Bands (Good Charlotte, Blink 182, etc....) is like the sound of Lucifer fuckin' a sheep with the face of Michael Jackson while laying in bed with Michael Bolton's wig. (with the exception of Greenday)

You guys can like whatever you want, but I still think that the sound of these Punk Boy Bands (Good Charlotte, Blink 182, etc....) is like the sound of Lucifer fuckin' a sheep with the face of Michael Jackson while laying in bed with Michael Bolton's wig. (with the exception of Greenday)

:lol: that made me laugh..

Exactly my toughts!! Green Day are cool, i like them.

:lol: You've scarred my mind for life.

I agree with what you're saying.

I've never really grouped Blink 182 with bands like Good Charlotte and New Found Glory though. I've just always found Blink and Greenday to be a little better than the rest. Eh, maybe just me I guess. I haven't heard much of Blink's newer stuff though, so maybe thats what your referring to. Their sound has changed a lot since the "Buhdda" and "Cheshire Cat" days before they were really famous.

I hate Greenday. They are not punk at all, but still (with the exception of American Idiot) still try to get by on 3-chord punk songs. I cannot STAND them. A few of the songs on American Idiot are good, but they keep puttin em out as singles n get played to death so they suck. I cannot STAND early Greenday, or any Greenday otehr than Idiot for that matter. Everypne's always like "But Dookie is so great!" I don't think so. I hate Greenday even as much as GC, Simple Plan and all of those.

The Sex Pistols changed things. They were pissed off, spoke their minds, and were the voice of a generation. They didn't have to be musical masterminds or write deep, emotional lyrics. I mean, "There is no future, and England's dreaming" is hardly Dylan-esque, but it gets the point accross effectively, and they could fucking rock. They had really solid songs that held a powerful message politically and socially, and that's why I see them as important, as well as awesome. Greenday, Good Charlotte, and the rest just are not punk. Period.

Guest cherry_bomb

old punk definately, i think new "punk" bands lack the essence and ethics of what "punk" actually is. however, i love dude ranch :ph34r:

Guest cherry_bomb
old punk definately, i think new "punk" bands lack the essence and ethics of what "punk" actually is. however, i love dude ranch  :ph34r:

Dude Ranch is great. "Dammit", "Josie", and "Apple Shampoo" are the best Blink songs in my opinion.

easily, i think ppl forget about that album and just associate them with enema of the state, but their early stuff, cheshire cat included is awesome. dammit is a classic, fuck i wanna listen to it now! oh and dick lips too!

i like operation ivy

ramones

screeching weasel

dead kennedys

sex pistols

the clash

the buzzcocks

mr t experience

the living end

the explosion

GREEN DAY :)

nofx

dropkick murphys

fang

spermbirds

bones brigade

the fleshies

the crumbs

ted leo and the pharmacists

pinhead gunpowder (billie joe's VERY PUNK ROCK other band)

dillinger four

bouncing souls

the damned

minor threat

the queers

boris the sprinkler

the vindictives...

shit, better stop now! Er, yeh, i like both, tough and 'fags' haha! i must be bisexual or something <_<

old punk definately, i think new "punk" bands lack the essence and ethics of what "punk" actually is. however, i love dude ranch  :ph34r:

Dude Ranch is great. "Dammit", "Josie", and "Apple Shampoo" are the best Blink songs in my opinion.

easily, i think ppl forget about that album and just associate them with enema of the state, but their early stuff, cheshire cat included is awesome. dammit is a classic, fuck i wanna listen to it now! oh and dick lips too!

Yes! M&M's! Josie! Ahh, old stuff was so good. So much fun!

Oh, and axlslash, Green Day ARE punk. And the Sex Pistols weren't as rebellious as you think they are. I mean, they were put together by a producer to try something new for the changing teens of those times. Good music indeed, but it's business after all.

Edited by atto

Yes! M&M's! Josie! Ahh, old stuff was so good. So much fun!

Oh, and axlslash, Green Day ARE punk. And the Sex Pistols weren't as rebellious as you think they are. I mean, they were put together by a producer to try something new for the changing teens of those times. Good music indeed, but it's business after all.

Nice post, dude. Nobody knows the first thing about Green day's beginings and how they slummed it in a shitty van around the world, pressing their own records and t shirts themselves to sell to their hardcore following back in the late 80's/early 90's, to me, that is punk!

what are you talking about, i mean i don't like the faggy punk, but seriously, a lot of it is really good music, anf by the way, how would you know what it sounds like when lucifer id fucking a sheep anyway, were you there?