Should the album title be changed?

madison

As most of you have probably heard, there's been a lot of debate behind the scenes over whether the name of the album should be changed to a less controversial, more easily marketable, one.

So, I was just wondering what you all think of "Chinese Democracy" for a title. It would be the first time, I think, GNR named an album after a single track. Do you think this is wise?

Do you like this title? (Someone joked that we'll probably still be waiting for this album long after democracy actually comes to China.   :D -- Hey, it's not my joke, it's someone else's.. lol).   Anyway, what do you think?!      And if you don't like it, any suggestions for a better one that would reflect the style and attitude of the new GNR?

Yes ma'am. I's got's  ta' says thet yud shall keeps it as planned.  nutin shall make Guns change the name cuz of recent politics n such. If they had a plan before, they should be able to still back it up. I agree to what I think you were saying before on sumthang, ummm i forgets the question. ok, go as planned and I'm sure that they had to revamp some things as in ummm maybe some music n probably some political stage backround things n stuff n stuff. ya knaw? sorry, I'm about to throw my monitor across the room  >:( not cause of ya'  :P

??? No -- you don't like the title? Or no, you don't think it should be changed?

No as in no I don't think they should change it.  And the song kicks ass  :P 8) ;D ;)

The song does kick some major ass.  Awesome openin guitar, lyrics are good..damn you suck for not thinkin it is a good rock jam.  Bury that $hit!  Who cares what the title is anyways, just a name.  The music is all that matters.  It could be called Rust that is Hairy.  Who cares.  But you know when you put that cd in...oh..you won't even be able to describe the feeling.  HA.

G-Face

I like the song "Chinese Democracy" -- but I don't think it should be the album's title. Holydiver is right, an album title is important -- it creates an image that can make or break an album's sales among new fans, at least in the beginning.

Image can suck it.  Who buys an album according to the name anyways?  If you have heard about it and heard it sounds good, then you will pick it up.  No one is going to come up to you and say..oh did you hear that new bands name for their album??  Oh man pick it up, it is a cool  name.  

G-Face

So what about alternative titles?

How about "Beyond Belief"  ... just kidding.

Or ''To Hell & Back" .. um, guess that one was already taken.

Someone at another forum suggested, "Appetite For Procrastination" ... lol ... we're all comedians.

Seriously though, anyone have any suggestions? Maybe Axl could use our help.  ;)

A number of people who ordered the "Chinese Democracy Starts Now" T-shirt from merch.com have received e-mails telling them that the shirt has been ''discontinued" and their money was refunded.

Note ... it said "discontinued" -- NOT "out of stock."

Hmm ... seems to back the talk that the title is being changed. If it has been changed, I wonder if that will delay the album's release further -- or speed it up.