Is Jimmy Page an overrated guitarist?

FearofSlash

Is Jimmy Page an overrated guitarist?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No way, he played exactly right for zeppelin, it wasn't always fast but that's not what good guitar is about (go listen to santana's samba pa ti). He can play faster than what is on zeppelin cds, he just doesn't because it wouldn't be right for the song.

Definately one of the top five guitarists of all time. People might think he is overrated because he is so highly rated, but he deserves to be.

Hell no. Page is a master of the guitar. Not just the electric guitar but he wrote some fantastic acoustic pieces as well. He was a highly creative musician who shaped rock music as we know it. If you dont believe me check the 'How the West Was Won' DVD. Awesome. rock1

LA

YES!!!!

Yes, yes, yes!

Or no well, it is a matter of opinion I figure, but ha I just never found him anything special.

I mean, Zeppelin are good and all, but his guitarplaying never moved me at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, he's really nothing special. Writes some good stuff, but he's extremely overrated on this forum.

Besides, Slash is overrated to extremes on this forum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and yeah, if you're gonna talk about overrated guitarists, especially on this forum. talk about slash.

definetly not !! all the credit he gets, he deserves !! however on thing that he got all the credit for was playing guitar with a violin bow, cuz many ppl think he was the first one to do that, which is bs it was acctually the creation's eddie phillips (i think). appart from that he deseved it all he rocks!!

pre-1977 = Alabaster Crowley Underworld GOD of the GUITAR!! :devil: Bring out that black magic and toast our asses with the guitar...1970 saw the finest concert --- one more for the road bootleg by zep and jimmy was spot on :wub:

after-1977 = ehh...not so good...he had to clean up a lot on the dvd as the boots show...he was still better than anyone else out there...and probably still is...but...he doesn't compare to himself in his early days

so...he is underrated :wub: