The best rock band in the world today right now is

Guest Apollo

Guest Apollo

Look, we all have our favorites and bands we hate. Some people hate the "legends" for personal reasons, and ANY band name I'd say right now - some people would say "they rock" or "I love them" and the next guy would say "I hate them, they suck." That's the beauty of music. Different strokes for different folks.

Personally, I don't understand how anybody can listen to the end of Rocket Queen, or Coma, or Civil War and not walk away BLOWN away by how amazing GnR is.

Metallica - everybody hates them now. But songs like Master of Puppets or Fade To Black. Fuck me. Back in the "day", Metallica ruled.

There are bands that are really, really popular and loved and respected that I cannot STAND. But I can appreciate their fanbase or appeal. I hated 99% of Nirvana's music, but I can understand why a lot of people loved them.

ANYWAY, enough of my rant.

I think the best band out there today putting out ROCK music is . . . .. . . . . Foo Fighters.

And here is why.

Cuz I LOVE some of their songs, and I HATE some of their songs. Simple as that. Best Of You - out right now - is (in my opinion) the best song I've heard since The Blues, which was the best song I heard since Hemmorage (by Fuel) which was my favorite song since the acoustic Howard Stern show version of Glycerin (Bush).

I'm listening to the acoustic version of Everlong 9-10 times a day right now.

BUT - there are some songs by Foo Fighters that I absolutely HATE and would rather make love to a goat than listen to. Learning to fly, the mentos song.

And that is why, my friends, Foo Fighters are the best rock band out there right now.

A band who doesn't just recycle the same old 2-3 songs over and over and over and over again. Think Aerosmith. Fuck, they have like 3 or 4 slow songs (crying, amazing, lying, i don't even know the names of them) that sound pretty much like the same exact friggin song! Think bands like Creed or Nickleback, who have had a LOT of success.

I'll admit it. I liked a song by each of these bands. BUT I DIDN"T FUCKING LIKE IT WHEN THEY RERELEASED the same fucking song 5-6 times and just basically changed the words a little bit and the title of the song!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guns n Roses were awesome, cuz Nightrain didn't sound like You Could Be Mine. Civil War didn't sound like Paradise City. Sweet Child didn't sound like November Rain. You get the picture. Foo Fighters - I LOVE some of their songs, and I HATE some of their songs.

Give me a band like that any day of the week. A band willing to take chances, put out a variety of sounds and songs, take creative risks and not just keep remaking their hits over and over again.

Let the debate begin.

At the moment I think Dreatm Theater is. Their new album Octavarium kills, and their previous works suck as: Images and Words (everyone listen to this album right now if you haven't already), Awake, and Metropolis pt. 2 . . . . , are great fucking albums. Also look at their line up, an Mike Portnoy is an amazing drummer, and Petrucci is an AMAZING guitarist. James Labrie has a great voice.

All of their albums are unique and different from their last, and all are great albums. Solid all the way through.

After cky releases their new album - An Answer Can be Found on June 28th, Dream Theater will have some serious competition, and I think cky will probably overthrow DT.

foo fighters?

best band in the world?

FUCK OFF! they are average at best. the best band in the world at the minute is

W.A.S.P.

Blackie's nearlly 50 and rocks his bollocks off better than any of these new 'hard rock' bands. he's a fucking god. live with it.

WASP3.jpg

foo fighters?

best band in the world?

W.A.S.P.

Blackie's nearlly 50 and rocks his bollocks off better than any of these new 'hard rock' bands. he's a fucking god. live with it.

WASP3.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WASP? BEST BAND IN THE WORLD TODAY?

HAHAHAahahahaHAHAHAHAHAhahaha

HAHahahaha

hahahahah

ha

Ha!

HAHAHAHAhahahahahaAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahh

foo fighters?

best band in the world?

W.A.S.P.

WASP3.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHahahaha

hahahahah

ha

Ha!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep they are

foo fighters?

best band in the world?

W.A.S.P.

WASP3.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHahahaha

hahahahah

ha

Ha!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fine you voiced your opinion, but where's the evidence?

Laughing isn't a reason why w.a.s.p. aren't the best band in the world today.

foo fighters?

best band in the world?

W.A.S.P.

WASP3.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Foo Fighters are not fuckin average they rock !!!!!!!!! rock3

Mmmm, it's so hard, because a lot of popular rock bands all suck so badly, you can't tell which band sucks more than the other. The Rolling Stones in their 60's own, yeah. The Eagles' farewell tour owns most bands too, yeah.

foo fighters?

best band in the world?

W.A.S.P.

WASP3.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rock3rock3rock3

"And 2 the OP, if Haemorrage was one ofyour favourite songs, then by that logic, Creed were the next beetles."

Why would you say that? One song by Fuel has nothing to do with the author's feelings about another band. Creed the next Beatles? Yes, both bands did release a lot of pop crap - but I've never heard anybody put them in the same category. Why would you even think that?

Personally, I'm not that big fan of the fab four. I understand how they changed the face of POP music, and I admire and respect them immensely because of it. In terms of a POP band - you'd have to consider them the most successful of all time.

But songs like Yellow Submarine and Twist and Shout . . . come on. Pure FLUFF pop music.

And what is it you didn't like about the song Hemmorage by Fuel. I think it's a great hard rock song. Singer sings it with a lot of emotion, sounds like it's straight from his heart. What's not to like?

foo fighters?

best band in the world?

W.A.S.P.

WASP3.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rock3rock3rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>