D'yer Ma'ker by Led Zeppelin

hbkdx1125

Me and Lumiere were arguing about this on another thread. I absolutely love this song. It's one of my favorite Led Zep songs. He on the other hand describes it as "horri"d." He also calls it a reggae so. It may have some reggae characteristics but I think this song is great. Let me know what you think of it. I want to make sure I'm not the only one that likes it. Maybe I am. If I am that's okay with me. Anyway, write back.

It wasn't really an argument though, was it?

D'yer Mak'er is meant to be a reggae parody. And very silly it is too. I hate Plant's vocals, and the reggae stylings of Jimmy's meatwhistle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah you are right it wasn't an argument. How do you hate Plant's vocals? He has excellent vocals in this song. I didn't know anything about it being a parody. I'll take your word for it though.

This is the first song I heard by them that isn't on their best of albums and I am shocked why it isn't on there. It's a gorgeous song! Indeed one of my favourites. I love Roberts voice in it. I love his sexy ad libs they are just immense. Lovely song, grrrrreat :D

It wasn't really an argument though, was it?

D'yer Mak'er is meant to be a reggae parody. And very silly it is too. I hate Plant's vocals, and the reggae stylings of Jimmy's meatwhistle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah you are right it wasn't an argument. How do you hate Plant's vocals? He has excellent vocals in this song. I didn't know anything about it being a parody. I'll take your word for it though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he's right...it was meant to be a parody...just like james brown's parody in the crunge...lol

i don't care much for the vocals and the lyrics suck...but then again...it is a parody...i'd much rather skip and listen to no quarter:shades:

Edited by stevGNR666