Which is the BIGGEST band of the world today?

Gallagher Rose

Which is the BIGGEST band of the world today?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as "biggest" it's U2, don't even think that's debatable.

AS gets my vote for "best" from that list, their debut album was exceptional first track to last. Out of Exile also starting to wear well, but not as strong as the debut...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Some people missed a key word: Biggest band TODAY. As in right now who's in our faces, who's getting alot of press, etc. Not biggest band, biggest band TODAY. Out of that lists it's Green Day easily, followed by Audioslave.

havent even seen audioslaves name mentioned in any magazine, havent heard any singles, reviews, sold out tours, massive shows etc etc. All these things have to be considered. Audioslave are hardly the biggest band in the world today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're getting alot of airtime where I am but then I'm in New Zealand so yeah.

Is this the best the world has to offer?(SPIT !!!!!!),I picked Maroon 5 because the're the only group I haven't heard out of that list and I think they could probally fart better noise than Green Day,I don't think U2 belongs here,but I don't think any of these groups will ever be as big as U2 once was,I'm surprised Velvet Revolver is not here,although I can't stand Weiland,the're still big(somehow)let's face it,ROCK IS DEAD,if this is the best,I'm glad I grew up in the 80s,we had the best,now I will find me some Maroon 5 and I will keep saying Green Day sucks!

Guns N Roses?

They probably sold more copies of Appetite this year than Coldplay sold of all their poxy albums put together.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

true, it is the top selling album of the 80s, and probably of all time. [next to zoso though]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry,the top selling album of the 80s is Thriller :P

Guns N Roses?

They probably sold more copies of Appetite this year than Coldplay sold of all their poxy albums put together.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

true, it is the top selling album of the 80s, and probably of all time. [next to zoso though]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is Appetite even in the top ten? I know that Thriller, Zeppelin IV, and Back in Black are in the top five, and I think the Eagles' Greatest Hits is up there (it's #1 in the US).

Guns N Roses?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And of all time, too. :huh:

AFD is the best-selling rock debut album to date, though. Right?

Ok if its down to album sales that must lookable-upable.

But to me the biggest is still GNR because Axl is the biggest star in the Rock world. Everyone wants to know. Every magazine would kill for exclusive interview. Most muscians would rather meet, work with, Axl than Bono.

Axl is the one. Not that it matters, we are all one, continuous and immortal.

Probably U2, but I hate them.

(I hate Greenday, those fake rebels, even more)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think Green Day try to be rebels. I watched a one hour special on them recently and if there is one thing those guys are not, it's pretentious. They are just a bunch of jokers, that's how they act and they don't try to pretend otherwise. I also loved Billy Joe's comments on the music industry today...he made fun of the growling type vocals used by bands like Nickleback (he was mimicking the singer), and he said music is at the one of the lowest points it's ever been. And they are GN'R fans to boot. Nothing to argue with there.

AI is a very good album...they know how to write quality songs, with good hooks and catchy melodies. They would be my pick.

Now as for Audioslave, believe it or not the only song I know from them is Be Yourself (I've probably heard others but don't know that they are Audioslave songs). And I gotta say, what a freaking boring song it is.

Edited by KBear