Oasis Make Album of the Year

wasted

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a fucking good album. it grows on you so much.

i like pretty much every song on it.

i dont recon its better than their first 2 but probably their third best for sure.

i actually recon its their most solid, but the first two have a few of my favourite songs on them, so a bit biased i guess

They did it with this last one. It's up there with the best albums of all time. It's unbelieveable. It really is their best album. It blows away their debut and Morning Glory. It's impossible. It's so unexpected.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes:

They did it with this last one. It's up there with the best albums of all time. It's unbelieveable. It really is their best album. It blows away their debut and Morning Glory. It's impossible. It's so unexpected.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts exactly

They did it with this last one. It's up there with the best albums of all time. It's unbelieveable. It really is their best album. It blows away their debut and Morning Glory. It's impossible. It's so unexpected

come on!! i have this album too, and its ok, but nothing special, and clearly not close to the best album of all time, you must be on crack!

1. WTS(MG) *****- By a hair (take out swamp songs, pretty much flawless)

2. Definately Maybe ***** ( a few of them are a bit repetitive, thats the only problem, but some fucking AMAZING songs on this)

3. Dont Believe the Truth **** (very melodic, instrumentals are good as well, catchy tunes)

4. Be here now ****( why is this bagged out so much, great album i recon, just cause a few songs are like 7 minutes is its downfall)

5. Masterplan ****(ok, maybe this is number 4,lol, this was excellent, liked most of the songs)

6. Heathen Chemistry ***1/2 ( got half a dozen good tracks, a couple amoung their best, others sound like B's)

7. Standing on the shoulder of giants *** ( only like about 4 on this album, of those, GLIO is the only really redeeming song. still an ok album, just like their others much more)

damn it hard to give the albums star ratings.

oh, an familiar to millions is great, but not really an "album"

I am on crack but that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. lol.

1. Don't Believe The Truth - by a country mile.

2. What's The Story - The more I think about it the more these other two don't come close.

3. Definitely Maybe - not even sure i liked this anyway.

Joint 4th the others patchy, self-parodies or merely imitating Lennon.

Songbird is classic though.

Only thing I don't like about DBTT is that there aren't more songs. I hope they continue in this Glam-Revolver style. Keep the producers as well. The balance is perfect.

Have you listened to this album on headphones - mindblowing!!!!

It might be better than Appetite for Destruction!!!

"I carry a madnesss

Everywhere I go

Over the border

And back to the snow

So if you see me

And I look right through

You shouldn't Take it

As a reflection on you

C'mon Turn Up The Sun

Turn It Up For Everyone"

Rock N Roll!!!

Maybe that's what Axl needs, some band to step up and hit the ball way out into space and say AFD's not that good. You've got competition now. Beat dis.

This new Oasis one has the same consistency as Appetite just when you think you've heard the best song ever, another one starts.

I think You're Crazy and Anything Goes aren't so hot on AFD. Oasis newie has no duff tracks and they have the benefit of modern technology which makes AFD sound less vibrant.

Maybe that's what Axl needs, some band to step up and hit the ball way out into space and say AFD's not that good. You've got competition now. Beat dis.

This new Oasis one has the same consistency as Appetite just when you think you've heard the best song ever, another one starts.

I think You're Crazy and Anything Goes aren't so hot on AFD. Oasis newie has no duff tracks and they have the benefit of modern technology which makes AFD sound less vibrant.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A lot of the best production jobs were done in the 70s and 80s. It's not the technology. It's the fact that Gn'R at the time were nobodies and got a nobody producer. And Oasis have been around quite a while, so they have a decent one.

I suppose the production has to suit the record and songs and the times. I really like Danny Sabres production on The Stones Bridges to Babylon and he did Black Grapes' Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. I think, and I can see where you're comg from about there being good production in 70s/80s, of course there was, but Oasis have had choices for along time and made bad ones but with this producer it sounds 3-D and shimmers and rattles and rolls. Also, I think Guns got the producer they wanted right from the beginning, there nothing wrong with pro on AFD in my opinion. But at that time the modern recording techniques weren't open to them so Appetite does not have any effects. It does quite have the balls of the new Oasis. Like a girl moaning in the back ground was hi-tec in 87.

we're talking here about music not about technology. Pharrel Williams is probably the best muscian on this planet when you talk about that cause he uses just the newset stuff around. Mariah Carey is making better records than AFD cause she has more modern producers with better effects. that all might be right but you forget one thing. it's about music and there's not much outside that can touch the musical beauty of Sweet child O' Mine.

er...hello, I didn't say tech is more important (but I could) but that AFD didn't have some of the techniques open to Oasis' new album, and in my opinion I think Oasis had some other options available which makes their record a little more ineresting at this moment in time. Back in 87, well let's not go there... And only in some ways. I wasn't really saying DBTT is better than AFD cos it uses newer technology, obviously. Just that it has advantages that AFD didn't have.

But I think given the time difference of a decade, hold it two decades, it's not a completely off the wall claim that DBTT kicks harder in the production department than AFD.

Do you believe what you said about the beauty of Sweet Child?

It's a good rock song but really throwing down the "authenticity of real music" card is detrimental to my mental health, unless it's heartfelt. But if you believe that certain songs are beyond technology, I would say I have to agree with you. Hotel California couldn't be improved by a new production. Thriller doesn't need a remix.

I would say as a music consumer, new recording sounds, you know some records have a freshness, and I appreciate this, especially in rock n roll record where most bands just use whatever everyone else is doing.