Oasis Make Album of the Year

wasted

Bring it on down.... is simply great.

What was that sound ringing around your brain?

Today was just a blur, you gotta head like a ghost train

What was that sound ringing around your brain?

You're here on your own who you gonna find to blame?

You're the outcast - you're the underclass

But you don't care - because you're living fast

You're the un-invited guest who stays 'till the end

I know you've got a problem that the devil sends

You think they're talking 'bout you but you don't know who

I'll be scraping your life from the soul of my shoe tonight.

Bring it on down. Bring it down for me

Your head's in a fish tank

Your body and your mind can't breath

You're the outcast - you're the underclass

But you don't care - because you're living fast

You're the un-invited guest who stays 'till the end

I know you've got a problem that the devil sends

You think they're talking 'bout you but you don't know who

I'll be scraping your life from the soul of my shoe tonight.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything's bullshit, that's the beauty of life. You can relax cos it's all bullshit. After that turd of wisdom, I'm going for a lie down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahhhh...or like hemingway put a bullet to the brain because it's bullshit :huh:

i agree with you and i vote yours one of the best posts of the year... :)

i = ultimate hypocrite :D

I can say Don't Believe The Truth is one of the best albums ever made.

The whole album sounds amazing.Turn up the sun is a great opener for the album and for the gigs..Love like a bomb has one of the most incredible and beautiful moments in the history of the music..the piano solo after the "blowing my mind" part.

And Guess God Thinks I'm Able and Let There Be Love are the masterpieces

Now those two twats have something to be arrogant about. God, help us all. If Noel finds out what people think his head will explode.

The Beatles' Revolver updated for 2000. It's better than Revolver!!!

I think GNR might have a problem in the US now, cos Oasis are coming with this album and if people buy it then Liam and co will certain give America some Rock Star behaviour to cherish and love, hold and cuddle.

Tonight, I'm a Rock N Roll Star.

BTW they are great live. Unless they've been drinking of course.

Only Love Can Kill The Demon...hold that thought. I'm not sure if I know what you mean...but Yeah!!! Everything is a bible/bullshit. The religious connotation has me squirming for air. Bible? That is the ultimate bullshit. I'm thinking more of a nihilistic postivism as the cornstone of my cult.

The Cult of Positive Nothing.

Enjoy your Nothing.

Only Love Can Kill The Demon...hold that thought. I'm not sure if I know what you mean...but Yeah!!! Everything is a bible/bullshit. The religious connotation has me squirming for air. Bible? That is the ultimate bullshit. I'm thinking more of a nihilistic postivism as the cornstone of my cult.

The Cult of Positive Nothing.

Enjoy your Nothing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THAT WAS MY WHOLE POINT :heart:

a bible = your bullshit

your cornerstone cult following = a christian's bullshit

relatively, both explain infinite...one contradicts the other so that nihilism cyclicates around to the biblical infinate and there is simply no remainder in the infinate...nichieze and emerson = zen balance in itself...contradiction to explain nothing is nothing and acceptance is the only way.

but acceptance is something? It's a show about nothing!!!

Life is suffering. Why am I laughing?

I'm so happy about everything being terrible. I'm so happily negative. I'm perfectly unhappy.

I don't stand by anything I say...prank caller...prank caller...offside.

Top Ten Oasis Songs

1. Mucky Fingers

2. Live ForEver

3. Songbird

4. Rock N Roll Star

5. Turn Up The Sun

but acceptance is something? It's a show about nothing!!!

Life is suffering. Why am I laughing?

I'm so happy about everything being terrible. I'm so happily negative. I'm perfectly unhappy.

I don't stand by anything I say...prank caller...prank caller...offside.

Top Ten Oasis Songs

1. Mucky Fingers

2. Live ForEver

3. Songbird

4. Rock N Roll Star

5. Turn Up The Sun

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

life is suffering, yet life is also happiness...the two walk hand in hand because without one, you wouldn't know the other

there is no such thing as nothing.

Top 5 Bestest Philosophies:

1. If it moves, fuck it.

2. Dying ain't much of a living.

3. Never offer sympathy to the mentally ill.

4. Eat Apples.

5. Don't attach.

6. Never join the army.

7. Stay out of prison.

8. Exercise daily.

9. Always check your zipper

10. If someone asks you for a favour, punch them in the face.

er...hello, I didn't say tech is more important (but I could) but that AFD didn't have some of the techniques open to Oasis' new album, and in my opinion I think Oasis had some other options available which makes their record a little more ineresting at this moment in time. Back in 87, well let's not go there... And only in some ways. I wasn't really saying DBTT is better than AFD cos it uses newer technology, obviously. Just that it has advantages that AFD didn't have.

ok oasis had options that weren't avaible back in the 80's and yet they couldn't manage it to have such a success like Guns with AFD. Why? Because the songs simply aren't as good. but the songs are what counts.

Communication Breakdown it's always the same. Yes AFD has some good songs on it but I DBTT is actually stronger. There's songs on AFD that are filler like Anything Goes and Think About You and You're Crazy. But Today I put on Oasis' new album not AFD. That was my choice. AFD takes me back to the day and some of the songs are good. I especially like It's So Easy and Brownstone. I listen to Live Era more than AFD. If you talking about quality songs DBTT is a tour de force of songwriting. And has more interesting production. A liver, fresher sound. But obviously AFD is classic.

Went to see them at the City Of Manchester Stadium last night and they fucking rocked. The new songs sounded ace and the old tunes sounded even better. Possibly the greatest gig i've ever been to.

The new album is mint. Better than AFD??? People are entitled to their opinion but I think there both great.

Album ranking

1. Morning Glory

2. Definitely Maybe

3. Don't Believe The Truth

4. The Masterplan

4. Be Here Now

5. Heathen Chemistry

6. Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants

Communication Breakdown it's always the same. Yes AFD has some good songs on it but I DBTT is actually stronger. There's songs on AFD that are filler like Anything Goes and Think About You and You're Crazy. But Today I put on Oasis' new album not AFD. That was my choice. AFD takes me back to the day and some of the songs are good. I especially like It's So Easy and Brownstone. I listen to Live Era more than AFD. If you talking about quality songs DBTT is a tour de force of songwriting. And has more interesting production. A liver, fresher sound. But obviously AFD is classic.

you're biased. of course DBTT is fresher cause it's new let's see how long the songs will last. than we can say if it is really that good.

now that's bullshit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^I second that

My policy is not to trash Oasis on an Oasis thread, but don't compare this album to AFD, and How is You're Crazy a filler?!?!

Edited by eschman

The new album is mint, there isnt a stinker on it. Only problem with Oasis at the moment is Liam's tempremental voice. But if hes sober, there is no touching the man.

1.Definitely Maybe

2.Be Here Now

3.Whats the story

4.Don't Belive The Truth

5.Standing On the Shoulder Of Giants (Great album)

6.Heathen Chemistry (Shit album)

anything inerestin happen at that gig. What song did they open with? Turn Up the Sun?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Started off with Fucking In The Bushes, then to Turn Up The Sun and straight in Lyla, can't remember the order of songs after that but it was ace

Edit: Not much really happened with the band, just straight forward playing

Edited by slash_GNR

anything inerestin happen at that gig. What song did they open with? Turn Up the Sun?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Started off with Fucking In The Bushes, then to Turn Up The Sun and straight in Lyla, can't remember the order of songs after that but it was ace

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

didnt liam walk off stage for about 10 minutes? and noel said he was backstage doing kung fu kicks? :lol::lol::lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

didnt liam walk off stage for about 10 minutes? and noel said he was backstage doing kung fu kicks? :lol::lol::lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol true forgot bout that :D