Rainbow

johnezz

Any fans of Rainbow?

Personally i think they were one of the best bands of the 70's with the classic line that included the combination of Ronnie James Dio (awesome voice) and Ritchie Blackmore (most underrated guitarist EVER!) In the 70's they were awesome, real progressive hard rock/metal with a neo classical touch. Man on the Silver Mountian is a bloody kick arse song and StarGazer is a pure masterpiece. Also i love Gates of Babylon.

They had huge influence (Yngie Malsteem is almost a carbon copy of Blackmore)

Into the 80's though after Dio left they turned way more pop, and still made great songs, but were no more metal.

I fucking love anything Ritchie Blackmore does! he's a genius.

Gates Of Babylon is my all time favorite.

Stargazer, Self Portrait, Catch The Rainbow (live), Do You Close Your Eyes, A Light In The Black, Mistreated (live), Snake Charmer.

Top tunes. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aint Mistreated originally by Purple?

Stargazer, Self Portrait, Catch The Rainbow (live), Do You Close Your Eyes, A Light In The Black, Mistreated (live), Snake Charmer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aint Mistreated originally by Purple?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, it's off the Burn album. But Rainbow played the song live, and played it better than Purple ever did. They really made the song their own.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah your right, Ritchie is a God.

I love the use of his middle eastern sounding scales, best example Gates of Babylon. They sound so awesome. They stand apart from the crow in the 70's are weere so fucken awesome live.

I haven't really got into Blackmore's Night though, maybe i should give it another chance. I'm really waiting for him to have a mid-life crisis and get back into RnR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah your right, Ritchie is a God.

I love the use of his middle eastern sounding scales, best example Gates of Babylon. They sound so awesome. They stand apart from the crow in the 70's are weere so fucken awesome live.

I haven't really got into Blackmore's Night though, maybe i should give it another chance. I'm really waiting for him to have a mid-life crisis and get back into RnR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really dig the first 3 BN Albums, Shadow Of The Moon, Under A Violet Moon, and Fires At Midnight are very moving music...

I seriously wouldn't mind if he stays with them because he's such a seriously awesome acoustic guitarist.

Plus, his last Rainbow album, Stranger In Us All (1995 I think..) kinda sucked...

Ah yes, I love almost anything associated with Ritchie Blackmore.

Rising is awesome. A real gem of an album that i listen to quite frequently. Long Live Rock N Roll too.

It would be badass if Ritchie and Dio got together to do some sort of Rainbow re-union or something from that era even though Cozy is no longer with us.

Or if someday he re-united with Deep Purple and along with Jon Lord done one last tour with the classic lineup.

Someday...........

I would suggest the alubm Rising or Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow both are awesome albums. Long Live Rock N' Roll is a great album too.

I prefer the earlier Rainbow albums and those 3 are the best early ones. They are really really good.

Songs, i would check out: Man on the Silver Mountain, Stargazer, Kill the King, Gates of Babylon.

Abosoluting amazing songs.

Or you could go for the safe bet and get The Very Best of Rainbow, and if you love em then sell it and get their albums :D