Greatest Classic Rock Song of All-Time

Madagascar88

Which song is rightfully the greatest classic rock song of all-time?  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is the greatest classic rock song of all-time?

Here I have the 2004 Q104.3 list with the top ten along with the top 2 GnR songs.

I'm gonna have to go with Freebird as the greatest song of all-time- it's absolutely amazing live.

But my #2 would've been November Rain.

How about you guys?

Any songs you don't think even belong in the top 100?

Any other songs by GnR you think should be in the top 10?

Edited by Madagascar88

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jude isn`t a fuckin rock song. O.k, the Beatles we`re pioneers but c`mon they we`re POP.  Layla, is great but Sweet Child clinches it for me!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, Hey Jude is rock. I wouldn't exactly call it Rock but it is Classic Rock. Elton John isn't exactly Classic Rock but his music is labeled that, am I right? I don't think of Gnr as classic rock but they are on the list right? Ever heard songs like Helter Skelter, Yer Blues, While My Guitar Gently Weeps? Those are all 'rock' songs by The Beatles. Sorry for the semi-rant. Just a bit annoyed today <_<

Why is 'November Rain' considered as a classic rock song. It was released in 1991. I guess it really doesn't matter because it would be silly to vote for it.

My answer here is 'Stairway To Heaven'. 'Free Bird' would be in second, and 'Sympathy For The Devil' in third.

Freebird.

I think November Rain Is a classic.  Classic doesn't necessarily mean old. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh but the band in general should be a or near to classic rock band and I dont think GNR came under that genre, they were more contemporary for their time, so their softer songs would be considered rock ballads rather than a classic rock piece on a generalised basis.

Freebird.

I think November Rain Is a classic.  Classic doesn't necessarily mean old. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh but the band in general should be a or near to classic rock band and I dont think GNR came under that genre, they were more contemporary for their time, so their softer songs would be considered rock ballads rather than a classic rock piece on a generalised basis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

clas·sic [ klássik ]

adjective

1. top quality: generally considered to be of the highest quality or lasting value, especially in the arts

Guns n Roses=Classic