TUPAC SHAKUR

rocketsredglare

don't think he's ur typa shit although thats a really fucking pompous comment on my part considering i dunno dick about you but like, just from what i gather by ur posts.

fair play...only rap i like is garage

don't think he's ur typa shit although thats a really fucking pompous comment on my part considering i dunno dick about you but like, just from what i gather by ur posts.

fair play...only rap i like is garage

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

garage is an odd concept when ur in america...i dont wannabe rude, but...it strikes me as lotta people, well the mainstream stuff like so solid crew etc, tryna act american and it's really tragic cuz when u look at all the really cool authentically british shit out there, theres no need. the whole 70s punk movement, the entire rave scene from the early 90s...Ian Dury etc, theres tonsa authentic stuff around but to be honest, garage, with that two step beat and those MCs, along with british hip hop is like, embarassing to me...and im not even british

garage is an odd concept when ur in america...i dont wannabe rude, but...it strikes me as lotta people, well the mainstream stuff like so solid crew etc, tryna act american and it's really tragic cuz when u look at all the really cool authentically british shit out there, theres no need. the whole 70s punk movement, the entire rave scene from the early 90s...Ian Dury etc, theres tonsa authentic stuff around but to be honest, garage, with that two step beat and those MCs, along with british hip hop is like, embarassing to me...and im not even british

haha, well i get what you mean...kinda surprised you're not british as you know alot about the sex pistols (purely ignorance on my part i didn't knwo the states were too huge on them now as they have a cult following in england). In all honesty the only garage im much into is the streets, mitchel brothers and kano (some good mc's at a school near me, not famous though)

the streets fuckin rule!!! i love that fuckin guy!!! see this is what i mean, when u get ur own accent and ur own style and just talk about real shit, shit around you, thats when its cool. but yeah, Pistols aren't too popular here either...they're kind of like required reading for some people, they feel they gotta know em for their opinions on music to seem valid...posturing bullshit, goes on a lot here in america

Changes...California Love

I like those songs. I wouldn't buy an album though as rap rarely entertains me for more than 5 minutes...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i get a kick outta rap in the flow...with like, rhymin' the words, its like poetry to me...just a revised form. i like the whole competitive nature to it, i love the idea of freestyling, i think its such a fuckin...talent, people take it for granted. plus like, rhymin' words, if u listen to people like Eminem, Biggie Smalls Big Daddy Kane...the multi-syllabic rhymes n shit, its a talent...a rare one.

i get a kick outta rap in the flow...with like, rhymin' the words, its like poetry to me...just a revised form.  i like the whole competitive nature to it, i love the idea of freestyling, i think its such a fuckin...talent, people take it for granted.  plus like, rhymin' words, if u listen to people like Eminem, Biggie Smalls Big Daddy Kane...the multi-syllabic rhymes n shit, its a talent...a rare one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, well I know Eminem's talented. And I understand the talent in rap.

But, I'm more after melody and music than beats and raps.

I like the odd tune. Specifically classic hip-hop. [but I'm no expert here]

Tupac is great. Best rapper ever. Very smart guy too, he used to read Eastern Philosophy as a child, but always hid it from his peers, etc. Rap was built to be about life struggles, since it was a revolution, of getting black hip hop into the mainstream, when MTV and everybody else refused it. It was perfect though because the struggle to get it on mainstream, was the exact thing they were trying to get across in their music at that time. REAL hip-hop is awesome. It's a shame of the rap shit I hear now a days.

He was a legend. (most) of his songs had lots of depth, he spoke from the heart. he was very intelligent as well, he wrote a lot of poetry, very aware socially, especially in his earlier work.. He also had a bright future in acting, if he wasnt gunned down so soon. He definately would have been a highly respected actor if he gotten the chance to make a few more movies.

People should try to listen to the other side of him as well, he's not all about party tracks like California Love, 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted, How Do You want it, toss it up etc....

You should listen to Keep Your Head Up, To Live and Die in LA, I aint mad at cha, dear mama, man there are heaps. Uplifting songs with a positive message.

Probably one of the greatest rappers ever, so much talent. No one will come close to him in the future.

Tupacs life got way too deep

layin with da posse put his self to sleep

makin up tunes to his own ID

lettin out the street makes yo body bleed

RIP Tupac lets keep it loud

restin wit da brothers on the silver cloud

you can take the brother out of the jungle

but you cant take the jungle out of the brother

He is my god. period.

He is the greatest rapper of all time, no one will ever come close, he even had deep parts in tracks like "How do you want it", he had political ambitions, he cared for all his fellow black americans, he was so intelligent...

the fact that intelligent rap can be succesful died with him back in 96.

He is my god. period.

He is the greatest rapper of all time, no one will ever come close, he even had deep parts in tracks like "How do you want it", he had political ambitions, he cared for all his fellow black americans, he was so intelligent...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

greatest rapper of all time i agree with, but on an MC level, on a Biggie, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane level, a battle rap freestyle level, im sorry to say he's not the greatest...not even close. but i guess, judging him is more based on umm....the all around thing rather than one facet of being a rapper.

He is my god. period.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

greatest rapper of all time i agree with, but on an MC level, on a Biggie, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane level, a battle rap freestyle level, im sorry to say he's not the greatest...not even close. but i guess, judging him is more based on umm....the all around thing rather than one facet of being a rapper.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MC wise, storytelling wise, i think there are only a few rapper (Nas, ImmTech...) who have the same level as Pac, but no one is better. battle rap freestyle? yeah maybe, i don't care about that, i think freestyle battling without a reason is useless, no one needs that, i find that very childish.

but you're right, 2Pac is judged by his charisma, by his presence, by his intelligence, by his acting.

he was a hero, an idol for the black americans, no other black besides Malcolm X, MLK and Ali had this status.

He is my god. period.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MC wise, storytelling wise, i think there are only a few rapper (Nas, ImmTech...) who have the same level as Pac, but no one is better. battle rap freestyle? yeah maybe, i don't care about that, i think freestyle battling without a reason is useless, no one needs that, i find that very childish.

but you're right, 2Pac is judged by his charisma, by his presence, by his intelligence, by his acting.

he was a hero, an idol for the black americans, no other black besides Malcolm X, MLK and Ali had this status.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stokely Carmichael, Eldrige Cleaver, Nelson Mandela, Louis Farrakhan? and uh, hip hop is predicated on battle rhymin' it's difficult to like hip hop without it, its a very competitive genre and there has to be like, a best y'know? childish isn't necessarily a bad thing either. storytellingwise, Slick Rick is better than just about all of them, Tupacs intense talent wasn't even as a storyteller as such although he was very VERY good at it. i prefer Tupac's more grimy gangsta shit...like We Ain't Hard To Find, When I Get Free (r u still down version), Hit Em Up, All Eyez On Me, Heavy In Da Game etc tons of people had that status though of being idols for black america, look at Melvin Van Peebles, Richard Roundtree, James Brown, Otis Redding...americas black expirence reaches a LOT further than Ali, Brother Malcolm and MLK.