Battle of the Bands

Johnny gnr

Fav band?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1.The Rolling Stones-The perfect band. Great songs, great live concerts, smart lyrics, etc...

2.Led Zeppelin- Very influential, and have a ton of great songs and albums.

3.Pink Floyd- The first, last, and only band to ever be what they were. Enigma would be a good way to describe Pink Floyd.

4.Queen- A charismatic frontman, great musicians, excellent live act, many classic songs. Great band in every way.

5.AC/DC-A step below the first four bands, but still good. One of the few heavy acts that I like because their songs have a lot of rhythm.

6.The Who-A good band, but I never was able to get too into them. Keith Moon has earned his reputation as a great drummer.

7.Black Sabbath-Good for what they were. Good music overall.

8.Metallica- Aside from 'Enter Sandman' and 'Nothing Else Matters', I have never thought of Metallica as anything special. Yeah, I know they have some other good songs, and I haven't listened to every one of their albums. But I have listened to quite abit of their stuff.

9.Nirvana-Very overrated. They weren't bad, but Nirvana honestly doesn't deserve half the praise they've been given.

10.Iron Maiden-One of the best metal bands that has been around, but that's not saying a whole lot. I enjoy a few of their songs.

Edited by Master Rumin

The Stones.

Under my thumb, the girl who once had me down...

I dont care if you dont like the lyrics, its one of the best things I've ever heard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My 3rd-4th favorite Stones song and I've really been into it lately rock3 Is this you new "Gimme Shelter"? :lol:

Anyways, Stones with Pink Floyd close behind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh no, Gimme Shelter will always be my fav.

I love all of them ... Street Fighting Man is also one of my favourites too, it's just cool beyond measure.

i know they didn't sound the same same, but...ok, basically, to me...to be progressive, or considered progressive...u gotta change ur entire format...not just add to it, adding to it can be good, if u add a LOT...but most of what u consider progression from these bands i don't consider anything more than vague tinkering with the available format...it seems to be a ummm...kinda like a checkpoint in the evolutionary progression of "great" rock bands...blues influence, jazz influence etc, like it's like a requirement, i dont see that as progression at all.  orignal is when u listen to it and it sounds like nothing before or since and im sorry, that can't be said for sabbath...there were people like sabbath before them...TONS of em, all sabbath was make the sound heavier...that to me doesn't really count for much, it amounts to turning the volume up really lol i agree, some of their shit is cool fun and intense music but i certainly wouldn't call them great my any means. i think true greatness in art is almost always the least recognised. Nirvana were slaves to MTV and their record company? Kurt had more record company fusses over the sound of their music than most artists on the planet, so i hardly think thats relevant although i do agree they did um...i dunno, they did give a lotta slack. but nirvana built their fanbase the old fashioned way.  even before they had their major record label signing they were the shit...they were the hot american band, they were known internationally...true, MTV made them into stars but not much more than that. as far as punk not being orignal, i umm...lol i dunno WHAT to say to that lol i think u kinda misinterpret which era was punk and which was just a bunch of bandwagon jumpers

The Vaselines

Richard Hell & The Voidoids

Public Image Limited

The Meat Puppets

these bands were orignal...painfully so...unlike anything all the pages and plants and mercurys and townshends could even dream of being.

this ain't a diss to ur taste cuz i truly respect ur knowledge of music, it's further reaching than mine in like...ur chosen type of music but...i dunno, i disagree with u man, if u'd...i dunno, ok...do me this favour... check out the albums Second Edition and Flowers Of Romance...see if u can download em from somewhere, i promise u will not have heard anything like em...ever.

and as far as blues influence, all rock n roll has that...in fact, the blues is half of the genre...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you think Nirvana did something completely new and different do you hmm? Or perhaps they just played depressing metal/punk? Kurt got half of his methods from the Pixies anyway. It's very easy to say that Nirvana did something completely new, when they quit after 3 albums. Does a band need to burn out to be great?

• 2 weeks later...