songs that changed your life

Alty

Hell yeah! Great quote you got there

i know i just cant remember were i got it, i wrote in a song then realised id ripped it off from somewhere but i dunno where!!!! any ideas?

Edited by alternative_ulster

Guns N Roses - Welcome To The Jungle

Guns N Roses - Patience

Guns N Roses - Civil War

Guns N Roses - Coma

Guns N Roses - Estranged

Guns N Roses - November Rain

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Aerosmith - Janies Got A Gun

The Cure - Fascination Street

Pink Floyd - Your Possible Pasts

Pink Floyd - High Hopes

Portishead - Numb

Don Henley - New York Minute

Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons

Enigma - Return to Innocence

Faith No More - Epic

Queensryche - Eyes of A Stranger

Queensryche - Anybody Listening?

Fiona Apple - Sullen Girl

Hooverphonic - Innervoice

Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust

Scorpions - Winds of Change

Tori Amos - Crucify

Nancy Sinatra - You Only Live Twice

Lamb - Gorecki

Life of Agony - River Runs Red

Living Colour - Cult of Personality

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You

Morcheeba - Part of the Process

Natalie Merchant - Carnival

Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have

Olive - Safer Hands

Pantera - Hollow

Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls

2Pac - Changes (this song made me become a 2Pac fan).

Guns N Roses - Paradise City (this song made me become a GNR fan).

Guns N Roses - Estranged (the most beautiful song i've ever heard).

and several other 2Pac songs which helped me to survive a really hard time where i was very close to the edge of killing myself. yes, 2Pac saved my life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Changes is a great song its great to listen to when you are feeling down or sad about someone,

Also Keep Ya Head up by Tupac got me rolling in him.

Nothing Else Matters same as Changes

and Seek and Destroy it got me into Metallica and made me the Heavy Metal junkie i am today.

First time i heard the sex pistols, i was ten, and i intorduced anarchy to my primary school and went started to throw riots all the time

then the first time i heard Irish Blood, English Heart by morrissey. I didn't even know morrissey or the smiths really existed till then. And it escolated from there. "songs that saved your life" y'know?

Um...........

......probebly

.....Dancing in the Moonlight, by Toploader. :ph34r:

or Planet Telex by Radiohead (first song by them I ever heard)

....................................................or Echo's by Pink Floyd

I'm also really heavily into Supergrass at the moment. Can't get enough of songs like Richard III and moving.

So technically this doesn't have a thing to do with the topic. But they've all changed my ways of thinking, or where there when I changed my views on stuff at the time, so get a mention. The supergrass part was just a big up to a band I love very much.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Sweet Child O' Mine is the song that really got me into GNR like most people here I'd imagine. I was watching VH1 and the vid came on..I can still remember the first time I saw it and how I felt, there was so much energy and emotion..it just pulled me in. If it wasn't for me hearing SCOM I doubt I'd be into rock and metal like I am today, probably still be overrating some indie crap :P

Rocket Queen/Estranged/November Rain/Don't Cry all hold a special place in my heart too. All of them so beautiful and touching in different ways. I know Rocket Queen is a rocker unlike the others but the last two verses are just wonderful.

'I see you standing

Standing on your own

It's such a lonely place for you

For you to be

If you need a shoulder

Or if you need a friend

I'll bee here standing

Until the bitter end

No one needs the sorrow

No one needs the pain

I hate to see you

Walking out there

Out in the rain

So don't chastise me

Or think I, I mean you harm

Of those that take you

Leave you strung out

Much too far

Baby-yeah

Don't ever leave me

Say you'll always be there

All I ever wanted

Was for you

To know that I care '

How could anyone with a heart not love that?

Other than Guns N' Roses songs I must admit that Growing On Me by The Darkness really had an impression on me. I know they're a love or hate band and many people here hate them, I'm not as keen on them as I was now either, but at the time it was my first dose of rock and roll really. They were just having fun and not doing what any other mainstream bands that I knew of at the time were. Permission To Land is a fantastic british album that deserves to be remembered for a long time, if only because it brought rock back to the youth.

On a smaller scale VR also have two songs that really stand out in my life. Fall To Pieces and You Got No Right. Both are really the peak of the band I reckon, lyrically and musically. They both can be applied to some things that have gone on in my life too, even though FTP is about drugs etc the lyrics are amazingly close to an event in my life. I think when I look back on Contraband in a few years it will be the track I remember most and still love totally. That song has helped me through some tough times.

Going quite far back I always remember watching Robbie Williams - Angels video. I'm not sure how old I was when it came out, can't be arsed to Google, I'd guess 7 or 8, knew nothing about music back then really but there was something about this song I absolutely loved and still do to this day.

Along with Robbie would be the Spice Girls, yes it's very embarrassing now but I really was MAD about them when I was younger and to be perfectly honest I still love listening to them now. When I was 5/6/7 they were just a group that made music fun for me, they were the first group I ever liked so I owe them for getting me into music I suppose.

Sorry this is so long, this is a good topic, I felt like sinking my teeth into it because I'm bored, haha.

Edited by Slash's Appetite