The Dirt

Mama Kin

I recently bought the book and have just started reading it and already i cant put it down. It's such an amazing book and even those of you who dont like Motley Crue i still urge you to buy it. The first paragraph sets the book up perfectly, those who have or are reading it will know what i mean. Anyone else got the book? and what do you think of it?

Edited by Mama Kin

How much is it coz i want it but i want 'get behind me satan' by the white stripes and a Crue tshirt but is it good? does it have pictures of Tommy Lee in? :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah its got quite a lot of pics of them all in it and they all look great in their spandex and make-up. I bought it in virgin for £6.99. The price originally was £9.99 but it had been reduced. It's been such a great read so far and it's only going to get better. Nikki Sixx is one crazy guy :lol: and Mick Mars is fuckin' hilarious

the dirt is a must have book for any rock fan, once you start reading it you cant put it down cause its just so hilarious and interesting, and its actually written by the band members! the funniest part is when each of them tell their own side of the story about certain things...funny things come out of this, this book is like 350 pages and i read it in like 2 days, i was just soo into it

I dont want to give too much away about the book because i wouldnt want to spoil it for anyone but the first paragraph goes like this

Vince: Her name was Bullwinkle. We called her that because she had a face like a moose. But Tommy, even though he could get any girl he wanted on the Sunset Strip, would not break up with her. He loved her and wanted to marry her, he kept telling us, because she could spray her cum across the room.

This book is a must for any rock fan just like rylz said in a previous post and it is completely compelling and utterly revolting just like Rock & Roll should be rock4

its an awesome book. real rock n roll. and yes she came into a fruit bowl. definately a book for rock fans, you dont have to like motley crue but the stories are just amazing. the maddest ass band on the planet. ever.

the part where vince talks about his 3 year old daughter dying is really really hard to read though, its very touching and the realism and what he talks about is just horrible but it is the most poignent (sp?) bit in the book

ups and downs are a plenty as are the 'ins and outs' (come on this is motley crue, they had plently) the fact its written from 4 different viewpoints shows up how each member thought about the same situation and really highlights the conflicting nature of being in the real most dangerous band in the world

its an awesome book. real rock n roll. and yes she came into a fruit bowl. definately a book for rock fans, you dont have to like motley crue but the stories are just amazing. the maddest ass band on the planet. ever.

the part where vince talks about his 3 year old daughter dying is really really hard to read though, its very touching and the realism and what he talks about is just horrible but it is the most poignent (sp?) bit in the book

ups and downs are a plenty as are the 'ins and outs' (come on this is motley crue, they had plently) the fact its written from 4 different viewpoints shows up how each member thought about the same situation and really highlights the conflicting nature of being in the real most dangerous band in the world

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greatly said. I fell into tears reading about vince's daughter. It was so heartbreaking, cause arrg.. just the detail of what she had to go through. Plus the whole book was about decadence, partying, drugs, not giving a fuck about tomorrow, and this episode in the book is just such an anti-climax. Shows that even 'invincible' people are still not invincible :P

Greatest book ever, nikki's whole story is so compelling. I read it last year, i could not put the book down... Even if you dont like motley crue(my favourite band ever) you will still enjoy this book :D

the one thing that stands out about this book is that NO ONE can say they didnt enjoy reading it, its amazing, even if you dont like reading books, this book is different, i also dont really like reading all that much however this book is so funny and entertaining so it was easy to get through, you dont wanna put it down cause your so interested in whats gonna happen next

How much is it coz i want it but i want 'get behind me satan' by the white stripes and a Crue tshirt but is it good? does it have pictures of Tommy Lee in? :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah its got quite a lot of pics of them all in it and they all look great in their spandex and make-up. I bought it in virgin for £6.99. The price originally was £9.99 but it had been reduced. It's been such a great read so far and it's only going to get better. Nikki Sixx is one crazy guy :lol: and Mick Mars is fuckin' hilarious

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I might get it just for the spandex :wub::rolleyes::wub::wub::heart:

The best book i have ever read.

Will probably start reading it soon again for the third time.

It has everything!..There`s alot of funny stories,specially with Nikki,alot unbelievable stories,ALOT of sex and drugs stories.It has some sad stories as well(Vince`s daughter and Nikki`s sister for example)..

Great read for anyone!