Favourite 'Epic' Song

johnezz

So what are you favourite "Epic" songs? That are atleast over 10min :P

Well mine no doubt would be Deep Purple - Child in Time (my sig is a bit of a giveaway), It really is the closest a song can get to perfection, it has the best vocals ive ever heard, one of the best solos, and is just overral beautiful and amazing.

But also Echoes, Pigs, Dogs, Sheep, Shine On, AHM, Saucerful of Secrets by the Floyd are all awesome too. But my favourite Floyd Epic would have to be Echoes.

And i can't forget Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner, after the quiet bit in the middle where it flys into 5th gear is so awesome, it gives me chills, even better on Live After Death

Edited by johnezz

Coma barely makes it into the category, but its my favourite guns song and worth a mention, and what album is rime of the ancient mariner on (studio-wise)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Powerslave, track 8.

I don't know all that many songs over 10 minutes, so it's Rime Of The Ancient Mariner for me.

I don't consider Atom Heart Mother Suite to be epic. Brilliant, yes, but not epic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? i don't think you can get more Epic that it, a horn section combined with the band, it's an overwhelming wall of sound. It's incrdibley Epic i think, not Floyds best, but still kicks ass.

Mine is This Song Does Not Have The Words Cock Off You Prick Once by MKOTDR....Wild_Child knows it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed I do... rock3

Or the jamaican ginger cake discussion mit dav on sofa, or something like that, now THAT is an epic.

Or... Epic Song...

Mine is This Song Does Not Have The Words Cock Off You Prick Once by MKOTDR....Wild_Child knows it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed I do... rock3

Or the jamaican ginger cake discussion mit dav on sofa, or something like that, now THAT is an epic.

Or... Epic Song...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahhh Epic Song is only 5.20 mins

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed I do... rock3

Or... Epic Song...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahhh Epic Song is only 5.20 mins

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha, good times.

But my actual favourite is The Last Redemption by W.A.S.P.