Do you like AC/DC?

Wando

Do you like AC/DC?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them

My mam used to know brian johnson..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's cool.. How well did she know him? Like does she have pictures with Brian and her or like she was in the same school as Brian?

Edit: Oh, 4/5 rock-fans likes AC/DC B) This is based on the poll situation at the moment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know his first band geordie??

They used to play in wark and barns over there my mam used to go watch them every weekend....she knew him pretty well, then when she moved she lost contact with him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I read a little about it from the book "Ac/Dc: Shock to the System" but that's cool as hell.. I would probably tattoo that on my forehead.. I can imagine it "My mum saw Brian Johnsson perform with his first band Geordie" :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to really like the band, but I just grew out of them... It's fun music, but they've been treading water creatively since "Back in Black" all those decades ago. Certain hit singles aside, it's pretty all very uninspired stuff.

Hells Bells will forever be an amazing song though, I'll always love that one.

Edited by EccoTides

Man, you've got people in here calling them 'overrated'.

If you call a band like AC/DC overrated, then you're completely missing the point of their music.

They aren't out to be especially creative. They aren't out to change their style. They aren't out to layer their songs with 100's of guitars and obscure instruments.

AC/DC set out to make Rock N' Roll in it's most basic (and in my opinion, enjoyable) form. They've never pretended to be anything they're not -- just a simple band that crunches out awesome riffs and puts on a hugely entertaining live show. They set out to do that, and they've done it better than anyone else ever has.

You're not supposed to think too much about the music -- just bang your fucking head to it! rock3

You're not supposed to think too much about the music -- just bang your fucking head to it! rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand your meaning here.

But, I really can't get passionate about music like that. After two songs I'm like "Ok, didn't I just hear this"... :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My sentiments exactly, that's really what I've been trying to get at - I just can't get passionate about it or enthusiastic about their tunes.

I totally understand and agree that AC/DC shouldn't be held to a higher standard, as they definitely aren't out to re-invent the wheel with their music. I just don't find myself interested in that kind of approach to music, I guess.

I understand your meaning here.

But, I really can't get passionate about music like that. After two songs I'm like "Ok, didn't I just hear this"... :unsure:

My sentiments exactly, that's really what I've been trying to get at - I just can't get passionate about it or enthusiastic about their tunes.

I totally understand and agree that AC/DC shouldn't be held to a higher standard, as they definitely aren't out to re-invent the wheel with their music. I just don't find myself interested in that kind of approach to music, I guess.

That's cool and I can understand perfectly why it just isn't for some. You've both made very valid points that I can respect.

But even the ones who aren't passionate or enthusiastic about their music -- you can't deny their greatness as a live band. You wouldn't say no to free tickets to an AC/DC concert. B)

Some of their songs are awesom. Alot sound alike though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that's the beaty of their songs. Why change your music style when you have found rock n' roll on your first album? :D

There are bands who want to make music (like GN'R and Led Zeppelin) then there's Ac/Dc who wants make Rock n' Roll :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone with an IQ over 15 knows that your statement is retarded.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You listen to Pink Floyd, don't you. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You think anyone with an I.Q. over fifteen

Would believe your shit...fuckhead

Nothin' but a fuckin' pussy

Shotgun Blues

AC/DC rock! rock4

Oh yes. Who's got the Jack baby? Saw them last in 2002 at the United Center in Chicago. But I didn't really care for the Stiff Upper Lip album. But they played a ton of their old shit and It was fucking awesome and by far the best concert I saw that year. I mostly dig all there old material with Bon.