Iron Maiden

Yamisonic

Maiden is awesome..they got me into metal =p...this sounds very repetitive

Dicky is so good :heart:  :lol:

and their songs Live make me shiver and all :ph34r:

first cd i listened was the beast of the beast  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey girl it seems that you are a devoted Maiden fan! I think i'll PM you to have a full Iron Maiden conversation! rock1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the first to say they absolutely suck hairy sweaty stinky balls.

The first thing that bugs me about maiden is the horrible art and theming surrounding them. The're trying way too hard to seem evil. On to the actual music! The lyrics are imo very un-inspired and once again try to seem way too evil. Also way too similar every time. There is hardly any actual message or point to them. It's their own little evil fantasy world. And yes I do realise some of the albums are concept albums which do tend to make a point. Powerslave being a good example of that. Still, it's too unrealistic for me. Musical the're actualy not that bad. But I do think they tend to be very repetitive.

Overall I'd say it's the image they try to create with their lyrics and titles, combined with the supporting artwork the repell me the most. I hate it!

It's called trying too hard.

But that's just how I feel anyway... :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehehe, they do actully have a sense of humour and laugh at themselves. They have never come across as "trying hard to be evil" to me, infact none of their songs even reflect any hint of "being evil." They dress normally on-stage, and not in make and boiler suits like the "evil" Slipknot.

Basically all their songs are based on folk-lore eg: The Trooper on the charge of the light brigade, The Rime of the Ancient Marnier on the poem of the same name.

Greatest Metal band ever imho.

And one of my favourite bands.

Too much to say about them except they fucking rock and are one of the best live bands ever.

Steve Harris would have to be the coolest bassist ever  rock4

Up the Irons  rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Harris keeps it real.......

Up The Irons..... :xmasschef:

Hehehe, they do actully have a sense of humour and laugh at themselves.  They have never come across as "trying hard to be evil" to me, infact none of their songs even reflect any hint of "being evil."  They dress normally on-stage, and not in make and boiler suits like the "evil" Slipknot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right about the live shows. I'll give 'em that much. Let's not bring Slipknot into this. I still call Maiden "music". Slipknot isn't even anywhere near that. Farting contruction workers sound better then Slipknot. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very true there. :lol::lol:

Basically all their songs are based on folk-lore eg: The Trooper on the charge of the light brigade, The Rime of the Ancient Marnier on the poem of the same name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for evilness and lyrics... number of the beast? Also...folklore maybe. But to me still uninspired and trying to sound evil and basass. But like I said, just my opinion. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actully The Number of the Beast was written by Steve Harris becuase he had a dream about it, read the lyrics it clearly describes he's dreaming it and the rest of the lyrics they just take from the Bible.

I respect your opinion, but that doesn't mean im not alowed to critise it :)

Peace out mate rock3

Edited by johnezz

Ive got two of their albums: Number of the Beast and Brave New World. Both our great albums but Beast is slightly better. Im gettin Powerage for Xmas hope its just as good as those two.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Powerage? :blink: That's AC/DC. Do you mean Powerslave? I'd reccomend Iron Maiden (the album) and Killers though. I find them to be a hell of alot better than Powerslave. ;)

iron maiden is a pretty good band no one will ever match the original guns n roses though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People will match them. People have matched them. GN'R was a damn good band, but people need to get it out of their heads that they were the greatest band ever. They simply weren't.

Yeah sorry I just realized I said Powerage and fixed it. The debut and Killers were actually gonna be the next albums I was gonna buy, I wanna see how different their first vocalist was from Bruce.

Good choices. Di'anno's a cool vocalist, not as good as Bruce, mainly because he doesn't have as good a sense of melody. But on songs like Wrathchild and Phantom Of The Opera, he really shines

iron maiden is a pretty good band no one will ever match the original guns n roses though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People will match them. People have matched them. GN'R was a damn good band, but people need to get it out of their heads that they were the greatest band ever. They simply weren't.

Exaclty, plus Iron Maiden put on a waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better live show than GN'R could ever do. Bruce>>>>>Axl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they don't give a shit about matching gnr.

why would they?

they're IRON FUCKIN' MAIDEN!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the fact they started before GNR, have had a consistent line-up (Well, they've had 3 line-up changes but it came back to the most famous in the end) and released more albums than GNR.

Oh yeah, and the fact THEY'RE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WRITING STYLES :rolleyes:

actually ive read somewhere that iron maiden has had over 20 lineup changes (your probably thinking just singers) steve harris is the only one who hasnt ever left the band

wikipedia says.....

listening to the clansman right now, troopers up next, then ill throw in killers perhaps, this threads made me in a maiden mood

Edited by slashrocks

actually ive read somewhere that iron maiden has had over 20 lineup changes (your probably thinking just singers) steve harris is the only one who hasnt ever left the band

wikipedia says.....

listening to the clansman right now, troopers up next, then ill throw in killers perhaps, this threads made me in a maiden mood

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fairly consistent since they first released an album though, especially the classic lineup. 1982-1989 (I think), and then from 1999 till now.

Edited by Glick

Good choices. Di'anno's a cool vocalist, not as good as Bruce, mainly because he doesn't have as good a sense of melody. But on songs like Wrathchild and Phantom Of The Opera, he really shines

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally I think Di'anno kicks ass on Running Free. He has a humble and funky voice which suits the feel of that song. Of course Bruce pwns it live but Di'anno does an awesome job singing that song.

wikipedia says.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm the ones I know of (Since they got a record deal)

Is Paul Di'Anno leaves for Bruce Dickinson

Clive Burr leaves for Nicko McBrain

Adrian Smith leaves for Janick Gers

Bruce Dickinson leaves for Blaze Bayley

Blaze Bayley leaves for Bruce Dickinson

Adrian Smith joins.

Hm?

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is probably my favourite metal album of all time.

THE EVIL THAT MEN DO LIVES ON AND ON!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man! that's one of my fav. Maiden songs! Bruce's voice sounds fantastic!

I was funkin it up round Morrissons yesterday listening to Hallowed be Thy name  ok now to find the mincemeat *mince mince*  I'm such a FOOL!

Huahuahua! :xmasssanta:

wikipedia says.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Adrian Smith joins.

Hm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paul Di'Anno leaves for Bruce Dickinson

Dennis Stratton leaves for Adrian Smith

Adrian Smith re-joins, the other guitarists stay, now have 3 gee-tars

wikipedia says.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Adrian Smith joins.

Hm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's still reasonably consistent though, especially when two of those line ups lasted for 8 years and 6 years respectively.

And as long as they've got Adrian Smith, all is well. Adrian makes the world go round

wikipedia says.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Adrian Smith joins.

Hm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stratton left before Di'Anno, Stratton only played of the Debut, Di'Anno sung on the first 2 albums.

Besides, Smith shits all over Stratton so he was no loss.