AC/DC vs Pink Floyd

sabre

Which band do you prefer  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, well as far as I see it, this forum is pretty much divided between the good time old school rock n roll of AC/DC and the deep, meaningful music of pink floyd.

So choose, and give your reasons.

My choice is AC/DC, great tough rock, addictive as hell, and eye popping riffs dripping with sex and booze.

I think Malcolm Young summed it up best - "if people want meaningful lyrics, they can go listen to REM, but at the end of the night they want to get laid. That's why you listen to AC/DC."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No contest with me.

Pink Floyd is better every way.

...Except at keeping you awake. ;)

Um - AC/DC for me. Floyd are great, but I was listening to Piper At The Gates Of Dawn today, and I just found myself bored shitless by everything other than 'Bike' and 'Interstellar Overdrive'.

People could say that AC/DC all sounds the same -- but sometimes I wonder if Floyd has the same problem? Some of it's that trippy that it all melds in for me.

AC/DC are a fun band to rock out to. I can understand why people wouldn't want to listen to them all day, but it's hard not to like songs like You Shook Me All Night Long and Thunderstruck. ;)

This poll was done a few months back, and Floyd won by a little bit. This was just after Live 8 though, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes now.

Pink Floyd. I like AC/DC okay, but I'm a big Pink Floyd fan.

People could say that AC/DC all sounds the same -- but sometimes I wonder if Floyd has the same problem? Some of it's that trippy that it all melds in for me.

A lot of their music sounds different. The Syd Barrett era had trippy psychadellic music, while Roger Waters wrote deeper music, and David Gilmour wrote totally different stuff that is just amazing musically.