how?

Yeah when you play.. you don't think of a sheet of tablature, and like read it in your mind.. The parts just kinda come to you.. it's hard to explain. You'll just remember it; it's more like you remember the melody, or what the things sound like, and then play that. It's hard to explain. And yes.. lots and LOTS of practice!

its hard to describe, but you will understand eventually. its like playing a solo, everyone told me that to play it right, you have to feel it, and they were not kidding.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well said, here's a good example -

i was listening to dust n' bones the other day and never knew the guitar for it. but i picked my guitar up and played it perfectly the first time. it becomes like whistling after a while, you don't need to know the name of the notes, you just do it.

Actualy gnr uses pre-recorded music at all their live shows. So they don't have to remember anything as far as tabs go. Even if they did, their music is so easy i bet even  gnr wouldn't fuck up when they play

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you saying GNR's guitarparts at their gigs are playback??

If so, you're wrong !

Actualy gnr uses pre-recorded music at all their live shows. So they don't have to remember anything as far as tabs go. Even if they did, their music is so easy i bet even  gnr wouldn't fuck up when they play

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you saying GNR's guitarparts at their gigs are playback??

If so, you're wrong !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, because often a few mistakes were made in their songs, and I doubt if they used pre-recorded tracks that they would make them with mistakes in them. :huh:

As for remembering guitar tabs, I find the more you play the song you are learning you begin to feel the song and just remember where the notes are. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

....what?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i mean.. they mess up/ go out of tune.. it's not prerecorded..

It's like singing. The more you sing something, the more used to it you become. So when you sing it, you don't have to think of the words. You just do it. It's the same with playin guitar. The more you play something, the more you learn it. Therefore when you see Slash play all these solo's etc he's obviously played em to bits to master them (or he would have done when he 1st started playing guitar)

For example, when you learn sweet child intro....youre gonna be like "HOLY FUCK THATS IMPOSSIBLE", but seriously, one day I sat down and all of a sudden, after a few tries, it just clicked and I played it perfectly.

Just don't try learning mr.brownstone JUST yet....the intro to that you do some "tricky" hammer ons and pulloffs (i say tricky, not for me :P) but for you, until you learn the fretboard, general finger placements and the guitar in general you won't be learning that.

I do, however, suggest learning the main sweet child solo once you are started....the bit til the fast run, since it will give you the basic concepts of sliding/hammer ons/pull offs. Its not tricky, was the first solo I learnt - but the only thing that takes its time with that is just brushing it up so it sounds slash like.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

....what?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i mean.. they mess up/ go out of tune.. it's not prerecorded..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he joked stupid :rolleyes: