Small irony, it just made me laugh

sleeping stone

Hi people!

The other day I was talking with a colleague at work and he is a huge U2 fan, since I'm not I dragged the conversation to my bands and of course GNR.

The funny thing is that I was saying that maybe one day we would see CD my colleague seemed to know about it and said he was waiting too, now his comment that made me laugh: "But on the other we don't know anything about Slash anymore... what's with him? he no longer plays?"

It made me laugh because Slash actually did a lot with the snakepits and now with VR and my colleague didn't know anything about it but he knew about Axl and CD, and the irony is that Axl is the one no one knows about.

I asked him if he knew Duff and Matt, he said no, he just remembered Izzy and Steven. That's weird how people remember different people or moments of GNR life.

It's no big deal but it just made me laugh.

Mods... I really didn't know where to post this, feel free to move it or anything.

:heart:

Edited by sleeping stone

Sure lots of people know about CD and Axl. There was that huge article in the NYT which was passed along to other magazines as well. I know people who are not into music at all and have still heard about the album Axl's been working on for over a decade.

As for Slash, your friend may be a U2 fan, but not a music fan. If he had any knowledge about what's going on today he would have heard something about VR, who toured all over the world for 18 months, did loads of interviews, appeared on many talk shows and award shows and won a grammy. Has he been living under a rock, or maybe just blinded by Bono's aura... :P

You can find just about anything, anywhere..

All of you have to do is open your eyes..

And google.. :shades:

-Kickingthehabit

that's pretty much it right there. If you wanna know something about anything, the net is there for you.

As for the comment about Slash not doing anything, I recommend knowing before speaking... but he's a U2 fan after all, Bono wasn't much brighter either... :xmasssanta:

As for Slash, your friend may be a U2 fan, but not a music fan. If he had any knowledge about what's going on today he would have heard something about VR, who toured all over the world for 18 months, did loads of interviews, appeared on many talk shows and award shows and won a grammy. Has he been living under a rock, or maybe just blinded by Bono's aura... :P

Or if you don't pay attention to anything mainstream, and only listern to underground radio stations thens theres a very good deal you would of never heard of VR. Doesn't matter, most underground bands are a billion times better anyway :D

VR is underground?

Their songs were played (and still are) on the biggest rock radio station In New York. The same station that plays The Who, Stones, GnR, AC/DC, Sabbath, Floyd, you know, all those other underground bands too... :rolleyes:

Did you actully read my post??

I said they were anything but Underground. If your a person like me, who listerns to nothing but Underground radio stations then you would of never heard of VR. I only heard of VR through this forum.

Or if you don't pay attention to anything mainstream, and only listern to underground radio stations thens theres a very good deal you would of never heard of VR. Doesn't matter, most underground bands are a billion times better anyway :D

VR is a supergroup, so they never would have even started off underground. They get a lot shit from people here because there were a lot of expectations due to the talent involved. An indie band coming out with the same record would have made a huge splash I guarantee you. We all expected more from this band. Perhaps they will deliver with their next album. We will see. But many mega popular bands like GNR (live like a suicide days) and Nirvana (bleach) started out playing mostly on indie stations. When those bands became popular, some like GnR suddenly lost indie "cred" and were viewed as corporate.

I don't put a whole lot of credence in indie/underground other than, its a breeding ground for a lot of talent, some great, many that are absolute shit and deserve to stay largely unnoticed.

Indie does allow for more innovation and taking risks artistically and that does make listening to underground bands a rewarding experience, but thankfully some indie bands that became ultra popular never lost their balls to innovate and take chances with their music (Guns/Nirvana).

Edited by SylvesterStallone

Sure lots of people know about CD and Axl. There was that huge article in the NYT which was passed along to other magazines as well. I know people who are not into music at all and have still heard about the album Axl's been working on for over a decade.

What you say is about what I thought myself! Bec. indeed he's really under the spell of Bono!

For the NYT thing, he sure didn't learned it from there because we're in Spain so I'm not sure he could have had access to it here.