Aerosmith: The End Is Near

GNR'R

My Dad saw them on the Nine Lives tour and said they were crap, they had a 30 minute + jam/guitar solo, in which my Dad just walked out, he'd had enough.

He said they were definately wasted on something.

What year was the Nine Lives tour?

My Dad saw them on the Nine Lives tour and said they were crap, they had a 30 minute + jam/guitar solo, in which my Dad just walked out, he'd had enough.

Hmm, sometime between 93 and 96, I'm not quite sure.

Hmm, sometime between 93 and 96, I'm not quite sure.

Thanks. I've seen them 3 times. The first time was 1986, and they were still on drugs, but it was a great show.

Blabbermouth has a new article now:

AEROSMITH Bassist Says Band Plan To Cut Down On Touring - Jan. 18, 2006

"AEROSMITH bassist Tom Hamilton recently told Tampa Bay Online that he knows AEROSMITH can't tour like road dogs forever. Just don't expect them to stop anytime soon.

"You get to the point where you're tired of [touring], but you still can't be away from it for long. That probably isn't a very healthy obsession," Hamilton said.

"In the future we probably won't tour as many months out of the year," he added. "You start thinking about all the things you want to do in your life and realize you don't have unlimited time. We're at a point where we need to make serious decisions about how we want to live."

AEROSMITH are currently scheduled to stay on the road until April. Then they'll head out again this summer (possibly with MÖTLEY CRÜE, if unconfirmed reports are to be believed)."

Here's the link: Link

It looks like they've changed the story a bit now. Instead of stopping completely, it sounds like they may just reduce they touring.

Edited by ronaldo9